Compatibility Issues

Hi All,

I have a problem with Compatibility on a company's network policy.
I tried it on our network (and browserstack, etc) and it's running okay, but when I tried to test it on their network with the same Browser and Version, the layout becomes distorted.

They told me that they are restricted the download on the following files:
    3gp, avi, cab, exe, iso, mov, mp3, mp4, mpeg, mpeg2, mpeg3, mpg, rar, wav, zip 

But I'm not using those files on my project's OML and I don't think it is because of the references I am using.
I am currently using these references:
   (System), FileSystem, HtmlConvertToPdf, Richwidgets

I'd really appreciate your help.
Mark Chua

Hello Mark,

If I understand correctly, the application you developed is showing up fine on your network but displays incorrectly on another company's network correct?

If this is the case, can you post some images of what is "distorted layout"? Maybe what is happening is that the CSS files are not being loaded for some reason?

Hi Gonçalo,

Yes sir, you understood it correctly and thank you for your response.
I attached the screenshot for your reference. 

Please give me an advise sir on what am I supposed to check on their policy / settings / etc.

Thank you very much,
Mark Chua
Hi Mark,

As I suspected, it looks like parts of your CSS are not being correctly loaded, in particular your menu and title links CSS. This could be due to a multitude of reasons. Are you confortable with inspecting your HTML + CSS manually and see what exactly is not being loaded? If so, check it out and see what CSS is not being correctly loaded. 

Also, check out this thread were a similar problem was occuring due to load balance configurations -
Hi Gonçalo,

I will try to inspect and review the HTML and CSS again, and compare it including the Load Balancer.
If you have other suggestions, please do tell me. 

I will get back to you sir when I solved the problem.
Thanks again sir. 

Mark Chua
Mark -

I would suggest using your browser's developer tools' "Network" tab, or Fiddler, to see if any files are not able to load. A lot of this, people will use a reference to a CSS file, font file, etc. that has a hardcoded URL that will work in one network but not another.

Hi Mark,

Do you have any news? Have you been able to figure out what parts of your CSS was not loading?