5
Views
1
Comments
[File Plugin] EACCES: Permission denied when downloading a file on Android MABS 12.1
Question
File Plugin
Forge asset by OutSystems
Application Type
Mobile

Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue when trying to download a file in an OutSystems mobile application running on Android with MABS 12.1.

The download request itself seems to work correctly, but when the app tries to save the downloaded file to the device, I receive the following error:

EACCES: permission denied

Has anyone encountered a similar issue with MABS 12.1?

I would like to understand:

  • Is there any specific Android permission required for downloading/saving files with MABS 12.1?
  • Are there any changes in Android storage permissions that I need to consider?
  • Is there a recommended approach or OutSystems component/plugin for saving downloaded files on Android?
  • Are there any restrictions on which directory/path the file can be saved to?

Any guidance or examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!


2026-09-26 04-01-21
Huarlem Lima

Hi Anh Tuan,

This is most likely Android scoped storage. MABS 12 targets recent Android versions, where apps can't write directly to shared folders like /storage/emulated/0/Download, so you get EACCES.

Try saving the file to the app's own data/cache directory instead, no permission is needed there. If the user needs the file outside the app, you can open or share it afterwards.

More details here: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/11/privacy/storage 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.