8
Views
1
Comments
Solved by AI
[SQL Sandbox] Why do I get this warning in sql sandbox even if I have a where condition
sql-sandbox
Web icon
Forge asset by Leonardo Fernandes
Application Type
Traditional Web

Why do I get this warning in sql sandbox even if I have a where condition



2023-12-26 10-35-28
OutSystems Neo
Staff
Solution by AI
AI Generated

That warning isn’t about your specific SQL; it’s about the type of operation you’re running.

SQL Sandbox and similar tools treat any destructive statement (DELETE, UPDATE, INSERT, TRUNCATE, etc.) as potentially dangerous, regardless of whether you have a WHERE clause or not. The confirmation dialog is there to force you to consciously confirm:

  • “Yes, I really want to execute and commit this change on this environment.”

The platform can’t know if your WHERE clause is:

  • Correct,
  • Using the right ID,
  • Or accidentally matching far more rows than you expect.

So it always shows a strong warning for operations that modify data, even if:

  • Only 1 row was affected (as in your case),
  • You have a very restrictive condition.

This is intentional, especially for production or shared environments, because SQL Sandbox bypasses normal application logic and allows direct data manipulation. That’s why the warning text is exaggerated/humorous: it’s reminding you that a wrong DELETE could break critical data. Fear of the Arch: Tools for Success > Q&A Session > Querying Production Databases Safely

In short:
You get that warning simply because you’re running a DELETE in SQL Sandbox. The presence of a WHERE clause doesn’t remove the safety confirmation; it just reduces the actual risk, not the perceived risk by the tool.

This answer was AI-generated. Please read it carefully and use the forums for clarifications
Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.