Are there any sample apps that demonstrate complex logic and/or advanced UIs?

Are there any sample apps that demonstrate complex logic and/or advanced UIs?

Hello,

I've looked at a few of the sample applications and have finished the majority of the tutorial.  Everything so far looks good, but simple and pretty much follows the same UI pattern.  I understand that OS has been used to build complex production applications.

Are there any sample apps that demonstrate:
  1. Complex business logic
  2. Advanced UIs
  • Custom themes/skins
  • Advanced menuing
  • Advanced controls
I'm sure all of these things can be done ... I'm just curious to know how far a we can go:
  1. With what's included out of the box
  2. Without breaking the fundamental patterns implemented by the OS platform that may get in the way of platform upgrades & application maintainability.

Would it be reasonable to develop an application with a layout similar to this?

Thanks,
JT
Hi John.

There are no tutorial for advanced layouts, you can only see the most common scenarios (take a look into Apps).

I don't know if those 3 bookmarks on top right are hiding something tricky, but the remaining layout seems reasonable. Give some of the css templates to a web designer to see what he/she can do with it.

For the programmer remains this:
On the left column:
-two tabs, each with a list of patients, and a button to create more.

Main screen:
-patient information
-dynamic menu (possibility to add more days)
-information screens
Just for future reference, when Nuno says apps, its a set of apps you can download and modify. You can find them in Service Studio (in the Server tab) or at www.outsystems.com/apps
Hi John,

Let me point you to some nice resources about UX/UI

The example page you mention look great, I could create some nice layouts based on that example.
For example you will find dozens of examples of vertical CSS menus (http://www.cssdrive.com/index.php/menudesigns/category/C19/)
You could try to capture the styles with the development tools of the browser (be carefull with the intelectual property though)

Cheers

Joao Fernandes wrote:
Just for future reference, when Nuno says apps, its a set of apps you can download and modify. You can find them in Service Studio (in the Server tab) or at www.outsystems.com/apps
 Yes .. I previously reviewed all of them.  They all have the same basic pattern for managing a list of records.  There is nothing wrong with that .. but they don't go beyond the basics.

I was hoping to see some examples of more sophisicated UI's to handle more complex scenarios.
Rui Barbosa wrote:

Thanks for the response.  I completed all of the online training and previously reviewed all of the things you mentioned.  All of it's good, just not very advanced.

I just hoped that either Outsystems or others might have examples of more sophiscated UI's that could be shared.  I'm trying to understand what CAN/CAN'T be done within the bounds of the platform.
Hi John,

Let me point you to some nice resources about UX/UI

The example page you mention look great, I could create some nice layouts based on that example.
For example you will find dozens of examples of vertical CSS menus (http://www.cssdrive.com/index.php/menudesigns/category/C19/)
You could try to capture the styles with the development tools of the browser (be carefull with the intelectual property though)

Cheers