OutSystems Platform 9 Launches!!

OutSystems Platform 9 Launches!!

Hello!

You may have heard or seen that today, after MUCH effort and caffeine, we’ve announced general availability of OutSystems Platform 9. This is a monstrous milestone release that sends us deeper into the mobile space and extends our lead in integration and productivity. You can read more about the release in my blog post or get deeper with what’s new.

I wanted to take a moment to thank this community of amazing OutSystems developers, fans, friends, and sometimes critics. You keep us honest and on the right track. Hopefully you know we are listening and as one quick proof point of that, you should know that almost 30 different ideas (submitted through the Ideas section) were implemented as a part of this release. That is too many to list individually here, but they ranged from MySQL support to visual merge improvements. So, a huge thank you for all the ideas you’ve contributed - we’re listening, keep the ideas coming!

Also, a special thanks to our great beta customers who really put the hours in to help us make sure that we were delivering a product that gets the job done. We’ve gotten great feedback on the product and the beta program in general. It has been extremely useful to us and by extension everyone using the product.

We hope all of you enjoy what we’ve released today and we thank you for your help making it great!

Best regards-
Sean
Congratulations on the launch!  I've enjoyed what I saw in the Beta and am looking forward to upgrading to this version.
Is there a breaking change from version 8 ? I didn't see anything in the documentation. 
Hi kota,

You can find them here.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Looks good guys (and gals)!! I installed the app from the AppStore on my iPhone and iPad. I connected to my personal space and was able to run my applications. The changes in Service Studio are cool too! Can't wait to experiment and see what this puppy can do!

Thanks again! You folks rock!
Great work guys! Can't wait to get moving on this one. :D

J.Ja
Hey,

I downloaded the latest version as soon as I new about this launch. Although, to my surprise, I can't use it with my current personal environment.
It complains about version differences (of course), but I was just thinking an upgrade would be transparent.

Were the personal environment server's platforms also upgraded? Will they be? When?

Thanks!

BTW this is probably my first post here :)
I have the same question. How can I try platform server 9 with my personal environment?
I have tried, but at least for now it gives an "Incompatible Versions" error message:
"This version of ServiceStudio (9.0.0.2) is not compatible with the selected Platform Server (8.0.1.8)"
When will personal environments become compatible?
I have the same problem

"This version of ServiceStudio (9.0.0.2) is not compatible with the selected Platform Server (8.0.1.8)"
Isn't that always the case ? You have to install the compatible platform server for service studio to work. In this case it is Platform Server 9.0.0.2.
kota wrote:
Isn't that always the case ? You have to install the compatible platform server for service studio to work. In this case it is Platform Server 9.0.0.2.
That's how I got mine to work. Not sure if they allow you to manually upgrade the platform on the personal sites? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Oh..I see. I don't use personal site. I think in that case platform server need to be updated by outsystems.
kota wrote:
Oh..I see. I don't use personal site. I think in that case platform server need to be updated by outsystems.
I think the OutSystems minions that manage the personal sites will probably update them automatically at some point. I had to recreate my personal site anyway. And when I did, Platform 9 was installed instead of Platform 8.

Hi all,

Yup, I believe those minions will be busy in the coming weeks upgrading existing personal environments (new ones are already being created with 9).

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Yes, Tiago is correct. Over the next six weeks, we will be doing rolling upgrades of existing personal environment users to Platform 9. New provisions are on Platform 9 now.

Best regards-
Sean
Can i upgrade from 6.0 to 9.0
Thanks
Hi Dung,

Yes upgrading from 6 to 9 is possible.
You should contact your account manager for more information.

Also to keep in mind: minimum requirements on Operating Systems and Databases also changed since then. You will most likely also have to upgrade those.