connect MySQL to Outsystems Application

connect MySQL to Outsystems Application

Hi, I would like to ask how to connect a MySQL database to my Outsystems application.

Thank you!

Hi Lourdes,

You can use this component.

Hope that helps.
Nuno Rolo wrote:
Hi Lourdes,

You can use this component.

Hope that helps.
Hi, Nuno.

thank you for the prompt reply. I'm a newbie in Outsystems application and I greatly appreciate the help. How do I install the osp file?

Thank you!

Well in that case i advise you to follow the online videos here. That's the best way to start to understand how it works.
The osp file can be installed in the Service Center or via Service Studio:
  •  In the Service Center go to Factory-> eSpace -> Upload & Publish eSpace, then choose the osp file;
  •  In the Service Studio, open the file and publish;
For this connector you need to
Note that platform 9 has built-in support for MySQL, so unless you're on 8, there's probably no need for this component.
Hi, Nuno.

i have installed the my sql conenctor successfully but during upload of the osp file, I encountered an error, you may see the attached file for your reference. Thank you!

Hi Lourdes,

As Kilian stated, if you're using P9 you can integrate with a MySQL database directly, whithout the need for that component. The related online help topic is here.
Hi, Paulo and Kilian.

thank you for your inputs but I'm using platform 8 in my Outsystems applications. I asked some people about upgrading from Platform 8 to platform 9. They said that upgrading from P8 to P9 would cause some problems with my application. As much as possible I would like to keep that option as a last resort.

Thank you!

Hi,

Ok. Just for your reference, you can see the side effects and breaking changes when upgrading to P9 here.

Regarding the component, you may have to extract the extension (MySQLConnector.xif) from the osp file, then upgrade it in Integration Studio (it may require Visual Studio). But before that, check if the attachment in this post works for you (you can publish it in Service Center > Factory > Extensions).

Hi, Paulo.

the Xif was successfully installed in my Outsystems application. Do you happen to know if this component has documentation?

Thank you!

Hi,

While I'm not aware of existing documentation, you can browse the component's discussion topics and eventually post a question by starting a new discussion.