Merge allows top-level selection again

Merge allows top-level selection again

Hi,

I've just noticed that I can again select top-level Screens/eSpace when merging eSpaces. This was taken out in 9.0.0.38 (if my memory serves me right) but is back again...
Here to stay? I guess OutSystems heard the community ;)

/Like
:)
Which version do you use?
Tiago Neves wrote:
Hi,

I've just noticed that I can again select top-level Screens/eSpace when merging eSpaces. This was taken out in 9.0.0.38 (if my memory serves me right) but is back again...
Here to stay? I guess OutSystems heard the community ;)

Hi Tiago,
are you saying that if I pick Bookings on the right all of the code will be selected?

I just tested, using 9.0.1.5 and, using your example, only Bookings stayed selected... I was expecting all of the elements below to be picked as well. That wasn't the case.. so I don't think they heard us!

This is on 9.0.1.9 (release candidate)

It's not very clear... In some situations I can select at screen level and selects all lower elements, others don't. It seems it has something to do with if that screen or entity or process exists on the opposite side or not...

@Joao : If I select eSpace "Bookings" it won't select everything below it :(

Honestly, I would like some insight on this.
This one messes with my nerves... and the scroll going to the top everytime I enter a screen or action.
I have to scroll back to were I was...   100 times!
Joao Heleno wrote:
This one messes with my nerves... and the scroll going to the top everytime I enter a screen or action.
I have to scroll back to were I was...   100 times!
 You're right - that's really annoying. Also, in some cases, when you select an element it aligns your selection with top or bottom of the inner window. I can't see why this behavior...
Oh man...
I guess I was mislead by that behavior on created/new elements that choose all lower elements automatically and my will to see something that only existed in my dreams :)
Anyway, besides that, there are also some annoying behaviors/issues that should be addressed:
1- After entering screen/action/webblock and clicking "Go Back" it aligns all elements with the Top (eSpace) losing previous focus of the inner window.
2- Sometimes (can't see what is the behavioral pattern) when selecting an element it aligns your selection/focus with top or bottom of the inner window
I created an Idea back while...
https://www.outsystems.com/ideas/Idea_View.aspx?IdeaId=1907
Hi all,

Just to let you know that we're fixing the scroll problem.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Great news Tiago!

Don't forget the "check all" option also ;)
Tiago Simões wrote:
Hi all,

Just to let you know that we're fixing the scroll problem.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Still not fixed in the latest release 9.0.1.25.. :(