[Silk UI Web] On Change Glitch On Input (iPad)

[Silk UI Web] On Change Glitch On Input (iPad)

Forge Component
Published on 17 Oct (10 days ago) by OutSystems Labs
46 votes
Published on 17 Oct (10 days ago) by OutSystems Labs
I'm experiencing a glitch using the OnChange on an input.  Using the SilkUI framework, whenever i run the onchange (ajax refreshing a table) it works, but deselects the input box on iPad.  However on Chrome or IE it works as expected.

Site Link: http://cloudintegrator.outsystemscloud.com/automatedterritoryas/Territories.aspx
On change is implemented on firstname. As you type it checks to see if that person exist and if so displays their name in the box.  To test use my name: Preston

Hello Preston,

First off all, sorry for the late reply.

I was not able to test your application, because I do not have a login. However, with your descriptions I managed to replicate the behaviour. 
This is not an issue. As you can see in the links below, the behaviour also happens in London. Whenever you refresh a widget with Ajax, you are rebuilding that widget, and that is why you actually lose focus.

Also, from what I can understand of your descriptions, you are trying to implement something like an AutoComplete. There is actually a Pattern in RichWidgets that does exactly that behaviour.

To use the examples, try to type Preston letter by letter. On change, I´m checking ifthe text is like "Pre" and when it is I'm replacing it with Preston. Also, on each OnChange, I´m updating the expression with the current DateTime.

Example App Built with Silk UI Framework and Dublin

Example App Built with London Theme

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus