PushWoosh

Hi guys.

Im trying to send a notification to a user that is on OutSystemsNow via the pushnotification function. I dont receive an error bt the badge attribute if entered the value 1. I'm not sure what this attribute is for?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Jean,

Can you clarify:
  1. Do you get an error?
  2. Does the user receives the notification?

Regarding the parameter badge, it is for the developer to set the number to be displayed in the badge (iOS):
Don’t use a badge for purposes other than notifications. Remember ...
This means that the developer is responsible to set the correct number (meaning you should keep track of what number to send.

Let me know if this helps!
Cheers,

RG

Ruben. Neither. No error nor does the user receive a message. If the user is logged on to the app via outsystems now and I then user the same user ID. Is it supposed to work?
Check 3 things:
  • Error on service center
  • Pushwoosh console log (login into your pushwoosh account)
    Check for errors there
  • Check if the device is being associated to the user
    Go to https://[your-environemt]/OutSystemsNowService tab User Device Logs
Additionally, are you customizing OutSystems Now or using it straight out of the store?
Straight. Could you send me any references on the customization please?

Will check the other areas.
Solution
At the moment you have How to customize OutSystems Now for iOS, android is on the way. In the meantime for android check OutSystems Now Website.
Solution
Ruben

Thanks for all your help so far. I've included OutSystemsNow in my application. I've not registered anywhere on PushWoosh. Is this required? Where can I find the Pushwoosh console log?

Thanks

I've also noticed that the theme I'm using does not handle errors. I'm using Tokyo. Do you have any other suggestions for a theme?
Hi Jean-Pierre,

Pushwoosh console log you can only use if you have an account for pushwoosh (forgot about this, sorry).
You need to at least a developer account. Then you need to set the site properties in module OutSystemsNowService.

Let me know if this helps you out.
Cheers,
RG

Jean-Pierre Brits wrote:
I've also noticed that the theme I'm using does not handle errors. I'm using Tokyo. Do you have any other suggestions for a theme?
 It's not the Tokyo Theme module that should have the error handling, but the template.
(e.g. your apps should start with cloning the template theme)

Ruben.

Thanks for the feedfback.

Some more questions
1. Is PW my only option in sending notifications? I merely want to have the phone vibrate for the first round. After that we can get complicated.
2. Do you have any more documentation / guidance in order to set PushWoosh up? It seems like one needs to configure each phone separately. AppleID, Google API Key (Andriod)

Thanks for your help so far.

You can use other services too... PushWhoosh just is very popular and relatively easy to use.

J.Ja
> It seems like one needs to configure each phone separately. AppleID, Google API Key (Andriod)

Not device, but platform. Since Pushwoosh is an intermediary between you and Apple / Google / etc. notification gateways, you must configure all platforms accordingly, so that Pushwoosh can authorize at these gateways and send pushes on your behalf.

What is your issue exactly, anyways?

I think its the whole configuration of pushwoosh with out systems. Is there anyone that could help me maybe just looking at Andriod to start with?

I've got a PW account now, just need to configure it. On the PW side there  is a google key. The've also provided me with a PW key. How does this key get in to OutSystems?

Thanks for your help so far.
Jean-Pierre Brits wrote:
I've got a PW account now, just need to configure it. On the PW side there  is a google key. The've also provided me with a PW key. How does this key get in to OutSystems?

Perhaps you should start with an SDK integration. To my knowledge, Pushwoosh is compatible with a great variety of frameworks out there: http://docs.pushwoosh.com/ Not sure which one you should use for Outsystems, though. Does anyone here has any insights on that?

When decide upon SDK, you should follow the corresponding guide, and specify the keys in your code accordingly.

Any help here would be appreciated ... thanks
Hi Rúben,

I was working with badges and I came across this post. Thought I would share what may be a better way to update the badge number. 

Pushwoosh API's /createmessage takes in a field called ios_badges. This field can take in a +n or -n. Inside OutsystemsNowService, one can change the ios_badges Data Type to be "text" to make use of this functionality. 

Rúben Gonçalves wrote:
Hi Jean,

Can you clarify:
  1. Do you get an error?
  2. Does the user receives the notification?

Regarding the parameter badge, it is for the developer to set the number to be displayed in the badge (iOS):
Don’t use a badge for purposes other than notifications. Remember ...
This means that the developer is responsible to set the correct number (meaning you should keep track of what number to send.

Let me know if this helps!
Cheers,

RG