[Cases] Create New Case

[Cases] Create New Case

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 2015-11-19 by OutSystems Labs
8 votes
Published on 2015-11-19 by OutSystems Labs
Hey Everybody...I am pretty lost with this app...I can not find how create a new cases?
Does anybody can help?
Best Regards
Edgardo Gallardo wrote:
Hey Everybody...I am pretty lost with this app...I can not find how create a new cases?
Does anybody can help?
Best Regards
Hello, Edgardo,

I had a look at the eSpace and from what I can tell, you can open a new case from Contacts_Show screen. And how do you access that screen? Just open a case from dashboard screen and click the name of the handler of that case ('Maria Anders', for example). You'll then find a form that you can fill to submit a new case. If you're having trouble finding your way, have a look at this.

Carlos, it was a good advice...But I have more question..
1. How Can I create a brand new case?
2. Where or Which App do I have to use for create master data like company, customer and so on?

Best Regards
Jose Castellanos wrote:
Carlos, it was a good advice...But I have more question..
1. How Can I create a brand new case?
2. Where or Which App do I have to use for create master data like company, customer and so on?

Best Regards
Hello, José,

1- Not sure I undertsood you question: with the method I showed in the last post, a new case is created. It appears as if it was based off of the initial case we picked, but it's actually a new one, with no relation to the previous one (apart from the fact that it will be associated with the same Contact; and even that can be changed on the "Submit new case" screen). Did this help clear it up?

2- For "Cases", "Directory" and a couple of other apps you can try out, we select the seed data to demonstrate the apps appropriately and run a daily procedure to ensure it's refreshed. However, most of them don't have an extensive backoffice where you can tailor every detail of the existing seed data. But the good news is you can download this to a Personal Environment for free and use scaffolding to quickly create your own backoffice (check this out for help, from step 3 onwards).

Hope I cleared it up, Jose! Let me know if you need help with this last part :)

Best regards,

Carlos Simões