[Google Login Plugin] Debug SHA1 key

[Google Login Plugin] Debug SHA1 key

Forge Component
Published on 19 Oct (5 days ago) by Grazina
6 votes
Published on 19 Oct (5 days ago) by Grazina

Cool component, after some trying I got it to work. At first I only got a 12501 error because I was building my APK in Debug mode. But then another keystore, (probably server-side), so my SHA1 key registered at Google was invalid. Do you have a possibility to get the debug-key?

Hi Brian,

Good thing you like it. Beware it is still quite experimental... for instance, the IOS version, you can't really configure it to your own app since it is configured with very specific a reverse client id on the git repository we're using (based off https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/cordova-plugin-googleplus, but with reverse_client_id explicitly set)

I also detected that we have some issues with token expiration and renewal. Work in progress.

Regarding the debug-key, apparently the platform doesn't sign the apk when in Debug mode, but it does on Release, which is a problem if we want to be able to use chrome inspect.

Let's see what next platform versions do to address the topics we have here... ;)

Kind Regards,

João Grazina

Hi guys

Is this component still active? 

I am having this error generating the android app

An error occurred during the last build:Android: 'An unexpected error has occurred while installing the Cordova plugins. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact OutSystems Support.'

And also i tried accessing the cordova plugin but it gives 404 error https://a2e07a3c0ed8a22ad131a8bd525007897ee4d7da@github.com/OutSystems/cordova-plugin-googleplus-fixid.git  

Hi David,

Yes the component is still active, but I'm currently the only one maintaining it (this is not an officially supported component) and I was on vacation!

I had indeed a bug in the github repository (which is a private repository, hence the 404 when using a browser). If you try it now, it should be able to generate the app.

Now if you notice on the 0.0.2 version details, there is a specific setting called reverse client id which is not possible to customize on ServiceStudio. It's hardcoded in the github repository. This is due to the fact that we are currently unable (for not) to pass parameters to github for the plugin generation.

• "Reverse clientid on IOS (currently using private git repository, no chance in using your own)"

This means that if you want it to work on IOS, then you have to clone the original EddyVerbuggen plugin, and manually configure the reverse client id variable.

Please check the application's documentation (after installing the sample app) and let me know if all this is clear.

Kind Regards,
João Grazina