[Factory Configuration] New "Platform Configurations" Screen in Factory Configuration

[Factory Configuration] New "Platform Configurations" Screen in Factory Configuration

Forge Component
(12)
Published on 27 Feb by OutSystems R&D
12 votes
Published on 27 Feb by OutSystems R&D

Hello everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce a new feature added to Factory Configuration. It is now possible to tap into the entrails of the OutSystems Platform and configure some of its behaviors.

The feature is available through a new tab available in the component named Platform Configurations.

The configurations you see above are just the tip of the iceberg, and many more will be added as they become available in the OutSystems Platform.

Nice!

Me very like.

Indeed J.

Good stuff Ricardo!

Nice Change..:)

I am not able to login into this application. I even tried changing User Provider but nothing seems to be working. Our users are managed by lifetime.

You need a user with Administrator privileges in order to be able to login with Factory Configuration.

Yes, I am an administrator. I can get in ServiceCenter and lifetime without issue. but cannot get inside the factory configuration. Tried all user providers. We use external authentication use LDAP for login using lifetime. 

You shouldn't change user providers in Factory Configuration.

Since this is a supported component, my recommendation is for you to contact OutSystems Support directly.

sure. created support case with OutSystems.

Hi Pravin , do you have a solution already? I cannot get in also. Tried my personal environment and the company's.

Hello Stefan,

The advanced configurations allowed by Factory Configuration are not supported in a personal environment.

Login is currently broken in personals, but since what you can do with these component is not supported in a personal environment, we will not fix this.

Best regards,

Ricardo Silva

Hello Stefan,

We have on premises cloud version of OutSystems. but we cannot get it working as we are using LDAP authentication. Your problem is bit different as it is on personal environment.

I haven't got fix from OutSystems yet, but we are actively working with OutSystems support.

Thanks

Pravin

Hi guys, 

I wasn't able to access the application on the compnay's environment also. Same goes for my colleagues. We get the following error:

That was a bit small:

Hello Stefan,

From what I can see, your company's environment is also provided in a Personal-like environment where these configurations are not supported.

If you'd like, you can get in touch with OutSystems Support / You account manager for further details.

Best regards,

Ricardo Silva

I got confirmation from OutSystems, LDAP external authentication is not working in v9.0 for actory Configuration. Although this is fixed in v9.1. Unfortunately, we can neither upgrade to v9,1 quickly nor move away from LDAP due to lifetime.

Hello,

I am particularly interested in the option Secure session cookies. From which version on is this included?

Regards,

Annemarie Sonnenberg

Ricardo Silva wrote:

Hello everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce a new feature added to Factory Configuration. It is now possible to tap into the entrails of the OutSystems Platform and configure some of its behaviors.

The feature is available through a new tab available in the component named Platform Configurations.

The configurations you see above are just the tip of the iceberg, and many more will be added as they become available in the OutSystems Platform.

Hello Annemarie,

This parameter is present since early 8.0 versions of the platform. All versions where you can upload Factory Configuration with Platform Configurations can use this setting.

Best regards,

Ricardo Silva

Can you help me with my error. I already installed the Factory Configuration. But I could not login to the outsystems dev environment (Cloud not Personal Environment) . I use the built-in osuser that i used to login to the service center. 

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> ssServiceCenter.ExcptInvalidLogin: Invalid Username or Password at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.Operation.TestLogin(String inWSUsername, String inWSPassword, Boolean& outWSLoginOk, Boolean& outWSHasOperationPermission)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I have uploaded the component but do don't see the Platform Configuration tab, what am I missing?

A M wrote:

I have uploaded the component but do don't see the Platform Configuration tab, what am I missing?

Hi, I am facing the same issue as well. Did you happen to resolve this already?