[Offline Apps] Offline Sample doesn't works

[Offline Apps] Offline Sample doesn't works

Forge Component
(25)
Published on 2015-11-19 by OutSystems Labs
25 votes
Published on 2015-11-19 by OutSystems Labs

I´m tried to run the sample in my free personal environment and the screens doesn't opens, and stay loading forever in browser.

Opening the developer tools in Chrome it shows this errors:

Creating Application Cache with manifest https://mypersonal.outsystemscloud.com/Offline/GetCacheManifest.aspx?eSpaceName=Offline_Sample
Contacts.aspx?(Not.Licensed.For.Production)=:1 Application Cache Checking event
Contacts.aspx?(Not.Licensed.For.Production)=:1 Application Cache Error event: Manifest fetch failed (404) https://mypersonal.outsystemscloud.com/Offline/GetCacheManifest.aspx?eSpaceName=Offline_Sample
_osjs.js?9_1_601_0:25 Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: <tr>
<td class="TableRecords_OddLine"><div class="TableRecords_Label">Name</div><a id="RichWidgets_wt16_block_wtMainContent_wtContactTable_ctl03_wt14" tabindex="15" title="Edit '{Contact.Name}'" alt="Edit '{Contact.Name}'" offline="True" href="ContactDetail.aspx?ContactId=-1805332345&(Not.Licensed.For.Production)="><span offline="True">{Contact.Name}</span></a></td><td class="TableRecords_OddLine"><div class="TableRecords_Label">Job Title</div><span offline="offline">{Contact.JobTitle}</span></td><td class="TableRecords_OddLine"><div class="TableRecords_Label">Phone</div><span offline="True">{Contact.Phone}</span></td><td class="TableRecords_OddLine"><div class="TableRecords_Label">Email</div><a id="RichWidgets_wt16_block_wtMainContent_wtContactTable_ctl03_wt9" tabindex="16" offline="True" href="mailto:{Contact.Email}"><span offline="True">{Contact.Email}</span></a></td>
</tr>
2Contacts.aspx?(Not.Licensed.For.Production)=:1 Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'shortcutLock' of undefined
    at chrome-extension://oknpjjbmpnndlpmnhmekjpocelpnlfdi/js/content.js:32:32

Hello Claudinei,

is your personal already migrated to OutSystems 10? If not, it should be in the short term. That's to say that, with the new way going offline is definitely easier, but it's meant  to be used for mobile apps. Check what's new in here.

Hope it helps.

Hello,

I have the same error. Once i updated to OutSystems 10 my application stopped working in offline mode and even the sample module in Offline Apps isn't working.

Hope you can help me.

Hi all,

@Diogo: This component doesn't work on OutSystems 10. This new version has offline built-in and I would strongly encourage you to migrate your apps with offline to use the new functionality. It's so much better :)

Please reach out if you need help or advice in that process.

@Claudinei: Same as above, but can you just confirm what platform version you were using when you got that error?

Daniel

Hi Daniel, thanks for your reply :)

My application was made for web and it seems that the new offline features are made for mobile.
What are your suggestions?

You're right, OutSystems 10's offline is not designed to work outside of native devices.

However, we are in the process of re-evaluating the role of this component in this new platform version. I may be able to give you an update soon.

In the meantime, what is the target browser for your application?

Also, can you share what is the offline scenario you have implemented in your app? (You can PM me if you prefer)

Hi Diogo, Claudinei,

I ran some tests using this component on OutSystems 10 and I'd like to share what I found.

What I tested

I used two different environments in my tests: an Enterprise infrastructure on v10.0.200.0 and a Personal on v10.0.200.2. Both environments on the .NET/SQL Server stack. I had the same results in both environments so I concluded this is not a factor.

I used two applications in my testing: the Offline Apps sample app and the Inspections app also available on the Forge.

Before going offline, I made sure of two things: I'm accessing the apps using https and I navigate the entire app once, to generate a complete resource manifest.

Then I went offline using Chrome developer tools and navigated both apps with the developer tools open to check for JS errors.

What I found

On my personal environment I had to take extra steps to ensure both apps were properly installed, as I hadn't done a full factory publish since the upgrade. I had to ensure the apps and their references were properly upgraded and refreshed.

Other than that, I didn't run into any issues at all. Other than the expected failed communication attempts there were no errors visible in the console. And what's better, both apps worked perfectly offline.

What now?

If I'm doing anything different than you or using a different stack please let me know and I'll try again, but for now I was unable to reproduce the issue so there isn't much I can do to help.

Daniel Luz wrote:

Hi all,

@Diogo: This component doesn't work on OutSystems 10. This new version has offline built-in and I would strongly encourage you to migrate your apps with offline to use the new functionality. It's so much better :)

Please reach out if you need help or advice in that process.

@Claudinei: Same as above, but can you just confirm what platform version you were using when you got that error?

Daniel

V. 9.1.600

Daniel Luz wrote:

Hi Diogo, Claudinei,

I ran some tests using this component on OutSystems 10 and I'd like to share what I found.

What I tested

I used two different environments in my tests: an Enterprise infrastructure on v10.0.200.0 and a Personal on v10.0.200.2. Both environments on the .NET/SQL Server stack. I had the same results in both environments so I concluded this is not a factor.

I used two applications in my testing: the Offline Apps sample app and the Inspections app also available on the Forge.

Before going offline, I made sure of two things: I'm accessing the apps using https and I navigate the entire app once, to generate a complete resource manifest.

Then I went offline using Chrome developer tools and navigated both apps with the developer tools open to check for JS errors.

What I found

On my personal environment I had to take extra steps to ensure both apps were properly installed, as I hadn't done a full factory publish since the upgrade. I had to ensure the apps and their references were properly upgraded and refreshed.

Other than that, I didn't run into any issues at all. Other than the expected failed communication attempts there were no errors visible in the console. And what's better, both apps worked perfectly offline.

What now?

If I'm doing anything different than you or using a different stack please let me know and I'll try again, but for now I was unable to reproduce the issue so there isn't much I can do to help.

You used a free personal environment?

Because this error occurs only in that type of environment, here.

When I use a enterprise environment with version 9.0 it´s works flawless.

Hi Claudinei,

Indeed, "I used two different environments in my tests: an Enterprise infrastructure on v10.0.200.0 and a Personal on v10.0.200.2"

From what I gather from your responses you are using a Personal on v9.1.600, is that it? And you're comparing to an Enterprise on v9.0. That could be the problem actually.

If you look at the Versions tab for Offline Apps you'll see version 1.2.7 which is meant for OS 9.0 and version 1.2.8, the Latest Stable, which is meant for OS 9.1.

Please ensure that the version you are installing on your 9.1 Personal is 1.2.8 or higher.

Thanks. My personal env. was updated to version 10, so I can´t try with version 9 again. I will make a test with version 10 when possible.

@Daniel Luz I tested in Version 10.0.200.2 and offline sample app worked in my free personal area, the only thing to add is that when I edit a record in that app, it is duplicated like I show in the screenshot, I don´t know if it´s a issue from sample app or offline apps component.

Thanks.

We'll take a look at that issue as soon as we can. I expect it to be a problem with the sample app but I'll let you know what we find.