Invalid User Permission

Invalid User Permission

I was playing around learning how to add users and roles from within the app, then removing them through
[user].outsystemscloud.com/users. Now I can't seem to log in to [user].outsystemscloud.com/users - comes up with an invalid permission error? (I'm 99.9% sure I didn't just delete my own username).

Hi Chris, 

Does this answer helps you?

Cheers, 

Tiago Oliveira

Thanks Tiago, that did work. Now that I'm back in there's a User that I created but now can not delete. Attached is the error. 

Chris Watson wrote:

Thanks Tiago, that did work. Now that I'm back in there's a User that I created but now can not delete. Attached is the error. 

Hi Chris,

Here is a discussion about that error. Try to understand it, and if you have any trouble let me know.

Regards,

Tiago Oliveira

Tiago Oliveira wrote:

Chris Watson wrote:

Hi Chris,

Here is a discussion about that error. Try to understand it, and if you have any trouble let me know.

Regards,

Tiago Oliveira

Tiago, 

I've manage to delete one user who was being referenced in a separate application. I still have 1 user who I can't seem to delete. For this user, when attempting to delete, the error message is:
The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "OSFRK_OSUSR_3CN_DEVICE_OSSYS_USER_USERID". The conflict occurred in database "F3MRRN008", table "dbo.OSUSR_3CN_DEVICE", column 'USERID'.

The previous User I removed clearly referenced the entity I needed in the error message. Applying the same logic to this error message, I'm not sure what "3CN_DEVICE" is?

Hi Chris,

If you have an entity where your foreign key referring to User Id, then you won't be able to delete the user because of the delete rule that might be there by default. What you can do is go to the entity where you have User Identifier (UserId) foreign key, select the UserId column, then you will see the properties on the bottom right, from there, change the Delete rule to Delete. Though it is not recommended as you may get some unwanted behaviour because of the un-referred data. Once you delete the user, I would recommend you to switch the Delete rule to prevent again.

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Gurvinder

So I've deleted all modules except for the one I actually want to keep. There are four entities within my module that use the User Identifier but I have deleted all data from these entities for the specific user I am trying to remove. I have also set the Delete Rule for all UserId fields in each of the entities to "Delete". All of this and I still can't remove this user. I have been able to create other users and remove them easy, just this one seems to be stuck.

Hi Chris,

What else you can do is mark the User inactive, if you mark the Is_Active field for that user to be false, then that user won't appear in Users list and that user won't be able to login as well, it will do exactly what delete will do, the only difference is it will remain in your database.

But if that's not what you want and deleting the user is important to you then I would suggest you to open a ticket to the support.

Regards,

Gurvinder

I did notice that marking to Inactive will produce similar results, so I have done this for now. I just think it's odd that I can't delete the user completely.