Workaround for browser's native login prompt

Workaround for browser's native login prompt

Hello,

I have developed a login page (login.html created using simple html, javascript, jquery and php) to enter to the sub-domain. When I try to browse a subdomain( which requires username & password) directly through url like http://subdomainName.maindomainName.io in any browser, it prompts for my domain credentials(browser's native login prompt). These credentials are the same which user needs to enter in my new login page to open the sub domain.

If I provide my credentials in prompt window it will redirect to the subdomain. What I need is, whenever a use tries to enter url for subdomain, it should be redirected to my login page instead of prompting credentials from browser.

How Can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Arien 

Hi Adrien,

Is somehow the OutSystems platform involved in that? If yes, can you explain a little bit better how it is? If not, I would recommend that you try to ask that question in sites such as stackoverflow.com.

João Neves wrote:

Hi Adrien,

Is somehow the OutSystems platform involved in that? If yes, can you explain a little bit better how it is? If not, I would recommend that you try to ask that question in sites such as stackoverflow.com.

Hi João,

My problem is some what similar to this question https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/10910/chrome-browser-prompts-for-credentials-before-my-login-page-is-loaded/#Post79126 

only difference is technoloy, i am using simple web technology like html, javascript, jquery, php.

More Explanation:

We have created few authenticated subdomains and to access it, when user types in url the browser asks for username and password. After user enters his/her credentials they are directed to the subdomain.

What we require is, if user tries to access subdomain directly through url, browser should not prompt for login instead it should open my login page. 

And in my login page when user enters username & password, it will be directed to the subdomains.

Thanks,

Arien

Since you're not using OutSystems for that, I recommend that you ask your question in stackoverflow.com.

AFAIK, the only way around integrated authentication is to have a web flow and web screens inside it that don't require Integrated Authentication, and then do it manually on the server.

Note however that this also depends on your network configuration, so it might not be so simple.

You should check with your sysadmin.

Also, the reason you're getting the browser's authentication UX is because this is triggered by IIS itself, because it is demanding authentication *before* it even accepts the actual request for the default page, so while this is a something you can set in Service Studio, it's actually IIS doing it even before the .NET framework gets its hands on the request.

the browsers native login is  because you are telling the web-application (and therefor IIS) to use windows-authentication/integrated authentication.

f you don't want that exactly but use your own, you simply have to disable integrated authentication

but I am not sure if you want that...

J. wrote:

the browsers native login is  because you are telling the web-application (and therefor IIS) to use windows-authentication/integrated authentication.

f you don't want that exactly but use your own, you simply have to disable integrated authentication

but I am not sure if you want that...

Thanks but yes this wont be suitable.

João Neves wrote:

Since you're not using OutSystems for that, I recommend that you ask your question in stackoverflow.com.

Yes sure. i did not realised it. Thanks