Published on 5 Mar by Experts
4 votes
Published on 5 Mar by Experts

hi guys,

just wondering if someone could shed some green light on this red error box:

many thanks in advance :)

Solution

Hi,

The problem experienced has to do with the version of the FilePlugin.

To resolve the issue you are experiencing perform the following steps:

1. Open the FilePlugin module in service studio
  2. Select the module name (FilePlugin) in the right pane.
  3. In the properties, change the Extensibility Configurations property to the following:

{
    "plugin": {
        "url": "https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file.git#4.3.3"
    }
}

You should now be able to regenerate the applications using the file transfer plugin.

I have uploaded the module with the fix included if you would just like to publish it.

Kind Regards,

Jonathan

Solution

Hi Jonathan,

thanks for your prompt reply and of course the fix :)

much appreciated

Dean

Hi,

I am getting a similar error:

Using the cordova plugin: https://github.com/OutSystemsExperts/cordova-plugin-file-transfer.git#1.5.1.os

Did you made any change since November 1st, this was the last time we could generate android apps without problems using this plugin.

There is any implication on using the version: https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file.git#4.3.3 that you are suggesting.

Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Hi Inês,

I have not made any changes since November 1st.

The problem I was experiencing with the FileTransfer plugin was the fact that it has the File Plugin as a dependency.

The File Plugin did not have the #4.3.3 added to the end in the Extensibility Configurations, meaning that it was pointing to the master branch of the File Plugin which had a recent commit which caused the plugin to break in OutSystems.

Version 4.3.3 of the FilePlugin was the last version that was working, and that was the reason I versioned the FilePlugin on my environments.

After the change, I was able to republish the FileTransferPlugin which would then use the correct version of the FilePlugin. 

And then I was able to republish my application using the FileTransferPlugin without the error you are receiving.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, 

I already installed file plugin in my environment and it was needed to add a dependencie between this two modules. Than it works fine.

Thanks for your quick answer

Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Inês Vizela wrote:

Hi Jonathan, 

I already installed file plugin in my environment and it was needed to add a dependencie between this two modules. Than it works fine.

Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Hello Inês.

I'm having the same issue. Can you please explain me in more detail the fix you did.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

GM

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Inês Vizela wrote:

Hi Jonathan, 

Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Hello Inês.

I'm having the same issue. Can you please explain me in more detail the fix you did.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

GM

Hi Gonçalo,

The fix that I made was to install in my environment the file plugin with the Extensibility Configurations as:

{
    }
}

After this I have tried to generate the app again and still have the error so, I had "forced" a dependency between the modules file plugin and file transfer plugin with like a dummy dependency and after it I was able to generate the app. 

I hope it coud help you.

Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Inês Vizela wrote:

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Inês Vizela wrote:

Hi Jonathan, 

Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Hello Inês.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

GM

Hi Gonçalo,

The fix that I made was to install in my environment the file plugin with the Extensibility Configurations as:

{
    }
}

After this I have tried to generate the app again and still have the error so, I had "forced" a dependency between the modules file plugin and file transfer plugin with like a dummy dependency and after it I was able to generate the app. 

I hope it coud help you.

Best Regards

Inês Vizela

Hello Inês.

Thank you for your reply. It worked for me too.

However, I think this issue should be solved since this plugin should be supported by Outsystems Experts.

Thanks a lot and have a great day.

Best Regards,

GM

Hi Gonçalo,

I bumped today into this same problem. I agree with you that this should be solved by the OutSystems Experts. This would have spare me half an hour.

greetings,

pedro