[Barcode Plugin] Barcode scanner doesn't focus on Android

[Barcode Plugin] Barcode scanner doesn't focus on Android

Forge Component
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D
6 votes
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D

I cannot get the barcode reader to focus on an Android 7.0. Is this component still supported?

I assume that focussing is otherwise no problem? I recall having focussing problems on an older Android phone, but that also showed itself when e.g. taking pictures.

I can't tell if everything else is alright, because without focusing it's impossible to read any barcode.

I wouldn't say my android is old (1 year old, maybe a little bit more). But as a workaround I used this other forge component (which also wasn't working, but the fix is described here). So, clearly there's nothing wrong with the device, because another plugin works.

I've noticed the same behavior on an Android 7.0 phone. Sometimes it seems to work, other times, you're stuck trying to scan a code for minutes. Very annoying during a demo.

Just tried with my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet running Android 6.0.1 and on my Nexus 6P phone running Android 8.0.0.  No issues with focusing... scans are all good and pretty fast.

My device is a Moto G4 Plus, Android 7.0, and this plugin simply does not work because it's always out of focus.

Hi All,

I also have MOTO G4 Plus. I also create app using barcode plugin, it's work fine and I face no problem.

Rajat Agrawal

That's great, but it doesn't solve my problem nor help me overcome it.

True, but at least it hints that perhaps the plugin is not to blame?

No. It just means "works on my machine", which is not helpful. That does not imply the plugin is flawless.

Just the fact that there is another plugin with the description "Mobile barcode scanner plugin that actually works" should tell you that I'm not the only one having problems.