[Firebase Cloud Message Plugin] Android build failed: Execution failed for task ':processDebugGoogleServices'.

[Firebase Cloud Message Plugin] Android build failed: Execution failed for task ':processDebugGoogleServices'.

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 20 Aug by Experts
3 votes
Published on 20 Aug by Experts

Hi,

We added FCM to our application. iOS builds fine and we receive notifications. Android build fails.

Attached the log file from the failed build.

From the log:

------

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugGoogleServices'.
> Please fix the version conflict either by updating the version of the google-services plugin (information about the latest version is available at https://bintray.com/android/android-tools/com.google.gms.google-services/) or updating the version of com.google.android.gms to 11.0.0.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
/tmp/build/source/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugGoogleServices'.
> Please fix the version conflict either by updating the version of the google-services plugin (information about the latest version is available at https://bintray.com/android/android-tools/com.google.gms.google-services/) or updating the version of com.google.android.gms to 11.0.0.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

--------

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Peter

Hey Peter,

Do you use other cordova plugins in your application?

I've encountered a similar problem while developing a custom plugin and then trying to integrate it in a app that already had Google Analytics and Pushwoosh plugins.

David

David Sousa wrote:

Hey Peter,

Do you use other cordova plugins in your application?

I've encountered a similar problem while developing a custom plugin and then trying to integrate it in a app that already had Google Analytics and Pushwoosh plugins.

David

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

I can't recall any module that used the Google Analytics plugin, but maybe we did. I tried to search for plugins that used Google Analytics as well, but couldn't find any. 

In the meantime we moved over to the OneSignal plugin.

Regards,

Peter