[Firebase Cloud Message Plugin] Android build failed:  Execution failed for task ':processDebugGoogleServices'.

[Firebase Cloud Message Plugin] Android build failed:  Execution failed for task ':processDebugGoogleServices'.

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2017-10-30 by OutSystems Experts
3 votes
Published on 2017-10-30 by OutSystems Experts

Hi,

We added FCM to our application. iOS builds fine and we receive notifications. Android build fails.

Attached the log file from the failed build.

From the log:

------

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugGoogleServices'.
> Please fix the version conflict either by updating the version of the google-services plugin (information about the latest version is available at https://bintray.com/android/android-tools/com.google.gms.google-services/) or updating the version of com.google.android.gms to 11.0.0.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
/tmp/build/source/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugGoogleServices'.
> Please fix the version conflict either by updating the version of the google-services plugin (information about the latest version is available at https://bintray.com/android/android-tools/com.google.gms.google-services/) or updating the version of com.google.android.gms to 11.0.0.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

--------

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,

Peter

Hey Peter,

Do you use other cordova plugins in your application?

I've encountered a similar problem while developing a custom plugin and then trying to integrate it in a app that already had Google Analytics and Pushwoosh plugins.

David

David Sousa wrote:

Hey Peter,

Do you use other cordova plugins in your application?

I've encountered a similar problem while developing a custom plugin and then trying to integrate it in a app that already had Google Analytics and Pushwoosh plugins.

David

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

I can't recall any module that used the Google Analytics plugin, but maybe we did. I tried to search for plugins that used Google Analytics as well, but couldn't find any. 

In the meantime we moved over to the OneSignal plugin.

Regards,

Peter