[OutSystems UI Mobile] Input widget doesn't display zero value.

[OutSystems UI Mobile] Input widget doesn't display zero value.

Forge Component
(31)
Published on 4 Oct (2 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
31 votes
Published on 4 Oct (2 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

In our app we use input widget to control slider. All is fine except that when variable that is tangled with input widget is 0 the input field become empty instead of showing 0. 

Hello Mykola.

Don't know if this is a bug (it seems).
As a workaround, you can define the type of the input as "text" and it will show the 0.

I'll see to report this to the team.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hey Mykola,

I've tried replicating your issue on your side but I'm not being able to do it (check the attached gif)

Can you send a sample oml with the issue happening?

Mykola (Nick) Tkachenko wrote:

Hi,

In our app we use input widget to control slider. All is fine except that when variable that is tangled with input widget is 0 the input field become empty instead of showing 0. 

So 0 or O or "0." is the right exspesion?

Hello Rita,

I can reproduce the behaviour.
You can test it here: https://eduardojauch.outsystemscloud.com/PreviewInDevices/?IsMobilePreview=True&DeviceName=Smartphone&URL=/SliderInputProblem/HomeScreen?_ts=636523433009891803

The first input is set to type Text (works)

The second input is set to type Number (0 does not shows).

I can reproduce the behavior on my Mobile phone as well (installed app).

Attached is the OML.

Cheers.

Hey Mykola and Eduardo!

Yeah, sorry, I'm the one that was a dummy and somehow managed to miss the huge MOBILE part on the title. Yes, it does seem like a bug and we'll look into this :)

Thanks for letting us know

Solution

Hey Mykola and Eduardo!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you about this. Anyway, this is something related to the input types and not something related to the rangerslider. This is the behavior that was designed at the time, but there's a work-around it:

Hopefully this will help you out,

Cheers!

Solution

Thanks Rita :)

Hello,

Any news on this matter? 

I see the workaround, but is silk UI mobile going to fix this - in case it is actually a bug and not a feature :)

Thank you