[Input Masks Mobile] Input Mask Mobile for Web Application

[Input Masks Mobile] Input Mask Mobile for Web Application

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 2017-11-15 by Labs
8 votes
Published on 2017-11-15 by Labs

Dears,

I'm trying to use this component, because the Input Mask does not work in a mobile device (running a web application). In the Manage Dependencies, the component reference appears, but I don't get select it. Is this component to use only in Mobile Application ? My application runs in web and mobile, but was defined in OS as a web application.

Best Regards,

Roberto

ROBERTO CAMPOS wrote:

Dears,

I'm trying to use this component, because the Input Mask does not work in a mobile device (running a web application). In the Manage Dependencies, the component reference appears, but I don't get select it. Is this component to use only in Mobile Application ? My application runs in web and mobile, but was defined in OS as a web application.

Best Regards,

Roberto

Roberto,

You already see this? 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/647/custom-masks/

Hello Roberto,

You are absolutely right. This specific component is just for Native Mobile Applications, and since your app is a responsive app, you'll need to use a Web component. 

The good news is that there are some other input masks components on Forge specific for web applications that should work on your phone (responsive apps).

You said that you tried one input mask that was not working on your phone. Can you tell us which component and mask you were trying to use?

Cheers,

Samuel

Samuel Jesus wrote:

Hello Roberto,

You are absolutely right. This specific component is just for Native Mobile Applications, and since your app is a responsive app, you'll need to use a Web component. 

The good news is that there are some other input masks components on Forge specific for web applications that should work on your phone (responsive apps).

You said that you tried one input mask that was not working on your phone. Can you tell us which component and mask you were trying to use?

Cheers,

Samuel, I'm using the Input Masks by Antonio Chinita to decimal numbers. Fabio Vaz recommended the Custom Masks. I remember that I tried to use this component, but without success. Then, I choiced the IM. But I see that there is a new version. I will look again, Which component do you recommend me ?

Thank you very much,

Roberto

The input masks component from Antonio Chinita was last published in 2012, and in the version 6 of the platform. Actually, that may even be one of the reasons why you are having the mobile issues in the first place.

I would also recommend the Custom Masks. I'm not sure what issues you encountered while using it, but as far as I know, it should work on Mobile.

Cheers,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

I don't know if I'm doing some error, but I don't get to do Custom Masks works. It was the reason by in the past I choiced the Input Mask. I downloaded the last version of the Custom Masks from forge, See the tests:

1-First, it seems that the number format (I just need a number format with decimal part) does not work. The "Mask Number - Integer Numbee" in the Examples allows filling alphanumeric caracters in this field. I changed the original example by a decimal field with 2 decimals, and the result was the same.

2-I only got enter with a "9999,99" format, using the currency format, defining the field with decimal instead currency, and filling "" in the currency string character. It works in the desktop browser, however, running in my Smartphone Android Chrome Browser, it does not allow filling the digital numbers part. This is the problem.

Best Regards,

Roberto