[eCommerce] Setting up rules in eCommerce

[eCommerce] Setting up rules in eCommerce

Forge Component
(12)
Published on 2016-01-14 by Gonçalo Borrêga
12 votes
Published on 2016-01-14 by Gonçalo Borrêga

For a given product listing page with cart. Can we set up rules on cart? 

1) For instance, if user adds product "A", then product "C" should gets added automatically.

2) If user removes product "A" from cart, then product "C" also gets removed automatically.

Note: User can remove the product "C" manually from cart. But this does not remove product "A".

Solution

Hi Sandeepkumar,

I think if you want to do that then you need to define which products are dependent from each other, in that case that will ask that you actually make a change in the DB! Probably you would need to have a new entity which keeps those dependencies, and also you would need a way to create those dependencies, maybe creating a screen to manage them?!?

Solution

Guilherme Dantas wrote:

Hi Sandeepkumar,

I think if you want to do that then you need to define which products are dependent from each other, in that case that will ask that you actually make a change in the DB! Probably you would need to have a new entity which keeps those dependencies, and also you would need a way to create those dependencies, maybe creating a screen to manage them?!?

So, I assume there is no provision to define rules for given products in eCommerce out of the box. It requires implementation from developer.

Hi Sandeepkumar,

Not that I know of/remember. Have you gotten further with this?