Auto fill the otp

Auto fill the otp

  

Hi all,

I am implementing an application were we want to generate otp for the user and we send the otp through via  message,And here i want to add the auto fill functionality(where the otp is readed from the message and its automatically fill in the otp field in the form. Is there any forge component for it, if not how to resolve this issue 

Regards,

Koushik. 

Hi Prathi,


please refer to the link below.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33986/otp-generation/


Regards,

Vijay M.

Vijay Malviya wrote:

Hi Prathi,


please refer to the link below.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33986/otp-generation/


Regards,

Vijay M.

Hi Vijay,

I am already able to create otp, the main issue is to retrieve the otp value from the message and it should be autofill into the otp field in the form,so do you know how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Koushik.


Hi Koushik,

You should supply more information for us to understand the question. You say you are able to create the OTP, but how did you create it? With what component? In what form it is in? What kind of "message" are you talking about and how do you want to "retrieve" the OTP? Is it really about the OTP or more about how to (pre)fill a Form Input Field?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Koushik,

You should supply more information for us to understand the question. You say you are able to create the OTP, but how did you create it? With what component? In what form it is in? What kind of "message" are you talking about and how do you want to "retrieve" the OTP? Is it really about the OTP or more about how to (pre)fill a Form Input Field?


Hi Kilan,

I am  generating the OTP by using generate password which is built-in function in outsystems, once the OTP is generated i am forwarding the OTP via meesage to the users mobile number, and from there i want to retrieve the OTP from the message which we sent via meesage and it should be autofill into the OTP field .This is my issue.

Regards,

Koushik.

Hi Koushik,

What kind of message are you sending? SMS or a notification via e.g. Pushwoosh or One Signal?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Koushik,

What kind of message are you sending? SMS or a notification via e.g. Pushwoosh or One Signal?

I am sending Via SMS


Hi Koushik,

Are you creating a Mobile App, or do you have a web site running in a browser? If the former, you can use the SMS plugin from the Forge. If the latter, you can't do that. It would be a major security issue if random web pages could access a user's SMSes.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Koushik,

Are you creating a Mobile App, or do you have a web site running in a browser? If the former, you can use the SMS plugin from the Forge. If the latter, you can't do that. It would be a major security issue if random web pages could access a user's SMSes.

i am creating mobile application



Hi Koushik,

In that case, like I said, you can use the SMS plugin to listen to messages and act on them. However, why would you even want to put the OTP in a Form Input Field? You could just directly send it back to the Server after receiving the SMS, no questions asked. This would make a much better user experience, in my opinion.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Koushik,

In that case, like I said, you can use the SMS plugin to listen to messages and act on them. However, why would you even want to put the OTP in a Form Input Field? You could just directly send it back to the Server after receiving the SMS, no questions asked. This would make a much better user experience, in my opinion.

My scenario is different if the user having 2 mobiles and he is using the mobile number in one mobile and if he installed the application in another mobile then the option which you are suggested is not posssible because of that we are implementing like this.




koushik prathi wrote:

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Koushik,

In that case, like I said, you can use the SMS plugin to listen to messages and act on them. However, why would you even want to put the OTP in a Form Input Field? You could just directly send it back to the Server after receiving the SMS, no questions asked. This would make a much better user experience, in my opinion.

My scenario is different if the user having 2 mobiles and he is using the mobile number in one mobile and if he installed the application in another mobile then the option which you are suggested is not posssible because of that we are implementing like this.

I am not able to understand how to use this plugin can you send me a basic sample application





Hi Koushik,

True, but then what you want isn't possible either :). So you could show a Form with an OTP input, and just auto-dismiss that form if you detect an SMS.