File upload "SAVE" Button

File upload "SAVE" Button

For file upload confirmation button, I have selected the method as "Submit". Afterwards, there are security warnings showing me that i should use Ajax_Submit as a more secure option. However, with the method set as "Ajax_Submit", all the downloaded files from the web would became "aspx" files instead of the original extension.

Are there any alternatives for a secure method / is the warning able to be ignored?

Hello Daven...

Usually the warning you're showing says that there are NO inputs (buttons / links) submiting to the server and the inputs will be ignored.

Are you sure this message is for the same page where you have this button?

Also, you're talking about an UPLOAD confirmation button, and in the end about DOWLOADING files...
Could you be more clear about what are you doing?

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Daven...

Usually the warning you're showing says that there are NO inputs (buttons / links) submiting to the server and the inputs will be ignored.

Are you sure this message is for the same page where you have this button?

Also, you're talking about an UPLOAD confirmation button, and in the end about DOWLOADING files...
Could you be more clear about what are you doing?

Cheers.

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for answering, here are some additional information:

The error name was Ignored Ajax Refresh, the detailed expression told us that the upload confirmation button method should be set to Ajax. By using the Ajax Submit, the submit process would be smooth and fine. However, when I try to download the uploaded files, all the uploaded files would have the same extension of "aspx" instead of "pdf" or "docx". 

Upload button method set to  "Submit" would not have the same problem. I would like to know are there any suggested solutions from you?

Hi,

The message says that you have a button set to Submit, and that this will make your Ajax Refreshes in the action to be ignored (as a submit, if the action stays in the page at the end, will execute the preparation and refresh the entire page again).

So, just delete any Ajax Refresh you find in the action as they are not needed and to Upload files you NEED to set to "Submit", otherwise you will NOT have any file being submited. 

Cheers.

Hi Daven,

Note that this somewhat unfortunate behaviour is not OutSystems-specific, but the way that file upload works in a browser. I've created an Idea that should lead to better warnings in Service Studio. Please like it here.