[Extension FtpWebRequest] Unable to connect to remote server

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 22 Apr by Maycon Oleczinski
5 votes
Published on 22 Apr by Maycon Oleczinski

I'm using the SendData action to put a file in an FTP but continues saying that was "unable to connect to the remote server", how can I check besides this command that I really can connect.  My ftp is like "ftp://999.999.99.99:9999"  so it has the ftp word in front and includes the port.  The filename is with the directory as "/ABC/test.xls", does this is fine ?  since I have the folder ABC created.  What else I can look??

João Melo wrote:

Have you taken a look at this?

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33943/not-able-to-loggin/

Hi, I did the try now test and mark de ssl option and now the message is "The system can not find the path specified" , so I think at least connected right??  but the path that I wrote is one that I'm viewing in Filezilla, or what could be wrong?

Are you sure the user you're using has permission to that path and file?

João Melo wrote:

Have you taken a look at this?

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33943/not-able-to-loggin/

yes I can view them in Filezilla using same user and password, but I change the number of the ftp and it continues saying that the path is not found so really it is not connecting ...

It seems like a network issue. Can you engage someone from network operations at your company?

It’s been quite a while since I’ve done any FTP work, but I think João may be on the right track. Might be a security issue with traffic on the FTP port (#21) itself. Also, client  access to the server is different from server access to a outside resource. Hope I’m not misunderstanding the issue?

Hi, the issue was that OS needed to gave access to our port.  But now I passed that error but is telling me that can not be logged in "The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in"  

I do connect via Filezilla with that user.  It's a simple user and password, so no @#$% signs in it. 

Where I can look to finally get this working??

Hi Denise,

I have same issue like you. The system can not find the path specified
      Can you please explain how did you resolve this - OS needed to gave access to our port. Thanks

Hi,  I instead use the SFTP module extension, and it's very easy to use.  Hope this helps!

Sankareswari Muthiah wrote:

Hi Denise,

I have same issue like you. The system can not find the path specified
      Can you please explain how did you resolve this - OS needed to gave access to our port. Thanks

Hi Sankareswari,

I had the same error and was able to solve it by making the encryption mode configurable in the following component:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-versions/4993

See version 1.2.0 for OutSystems 10.

In this version it is possible to set encryption mode to 'explicit', which solved the issue in my case.

This could easily be used for OutSystems 11 as well.

Kind regards,
Joran van Heyningen