[Extension FtpWebRequest] Unable to connect to remote server

[Extension FtpWebRequest] Unable to connect to remote server

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 13 Apr by Maycon Oleczinski
5 votes
Published on 13 Apr by Maycon Oleczinski

I'm using the SendData action to put a file in an FTP but continues saying that was "unable to connect to the remote server", how can I check besides this command that I really can connect.  My ftp is like "ftp://999.999.99.99:9999"  so it has the ftp word in front and includes the port.  The filename is with the directory as "/ABC/test.xls", does this is fine ?  since I have the folder ABC created.  What else I can look??

João Melo wrote:

Have you taken a look at this?

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33943/not-able-to-loggin/

Hi, I did the try now test and mark de ssl option and now the message is "The system can not find the path specified" , so I think at least connected right??  but the path that I wrote is one that I'm viewing in Filezilla, or what could be wrong?

Are you sure the user you're using has permission to that path and file?

João Melo wrote:

Have you taken a look at this?

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/33943/not-able-to-loggin/

yes I can view them in Filezilla using same user and password, but I change the number of the ftp and it continues saying that the path is not found so really it is not connecting ...

It seems like a network issue. Can you engage someone from network operations at your company?

It’s been quite a while since I’ve done any FTP work, but I think João may be on the right track. Might be a security issue with traffic on the FTP port (#21) itself. Also, client  access to the server is different from server access to a outside resource. Hope I’m not misunderstanding the issue?

Hi, the issue was that OS needed to gave access to our port.  But now I passed that error but is telling me that can not be logged in "The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in"  

I do connect via Filezilla with that user.  It's a simple user and password, so no @#$% signs in it. 

Where I can look to finally get this working??