Can't Import SVG image

Can't Import SVG image

  

Hi All,

I really need your help, why I can't import image with SVG format? It keeps telling me that the image is "unsupported image". I've created the image with Adobe Illustrator and save it as SVG file. Check out my file in the attachment.


I would really appreciate if you guys could help me. Thank you very much.

Only certain formats are allowed. Can you use an image converter and convert it to an acceptable format?

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9748/svg-image-format/

The link above show it`s no possible to import as a 'image', but you can import it as a resource (as described on the last post of the link), and then use it as image on your page

Daryl Van Johnson wrote:

Only certain formats are allowed. Can you use an image converter and convert it to an acceptable format?

Hi Daryl, but there's a SVG as the supported format in the option when you tried to import an image file. I just don't want to use any other format than SVG, but anyway thanks for helping Me.


Mauricio Mangini wrote:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9748/svg-image-format/

The link above show it`s no possible to import as a 'image', but you can import it as a resource (as described on the last post of the link), and then use it as image on your page


Hi Mauricio,

I've already read that link that you provide above, and it works right now. I am just curious, why they put an SVG format as the supported format in the 'Import Image' feature, if it doesn't support that format at all. Anyway thanks for helping Me.

Solution

Hi Arfian,

OutSystems 10 does support SVG as a static image.

It seems your SVG file is missing something that Service Studio's SVG parser requires, no idea if it's a bug or if the file itself isn't standard, but opening it in Inkscape and saving as Plain SVG (without any changes) makes it readable by Service Studio.

You can find the new version of the file attached to this post.

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Arfian,

OutSystems 10 does support SVG as a static image.

It seems your SVG file is missing something that Service Studio's SVG parser requires, no idea if it's a bug or if the file itself isn't standard, but opening it in Inkscape and saving as Plain SVG (without any changes) makes it readable by Service Studio.

You can find the new version of the file attached to this post.


Wow Thanks Jorge, now it really works!!

I've published my icon with Adobe Illustrator CC before,  tried every settings, but still don't know why it cannot work. Looks like I have to download Inkspace to published any of my SVGs.

By the way, thank you very much Jorge.