Image URL

Hello,

I have problem to show image using external URL. This is the URL that i use https://engine2dev.vnetcloud.com:8016/Assets/Upload/OnlineBooking/Admin/ProjectLogo/m-projectImagePP_20180910162201.jpg . Why this is cannot load even it have a https?

Thankyou.

Hi Khofifah Mega,

With that information, the most I can tell you is I can open your image on a browser so it should work just fine in your screens too. Trying to access it via HTTP (and not HTTPS) does not work on the other hand. 

Please provide more context, namely how are you trying to display the image using an external URL. Eventually a screenshot of the Properties of the Image widget would also be helpful.

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Khofifah Mega,

With that information, the most I can tell you is I can open your image on a browser so it should work just fine in your screens too. Trying to access it via HTTP (and not HTTPS) does not work on the other hand. 

Please provide more context, namely how are you trying to display the image using an external URL. Eventually a screenshot of the Properties of the Image widget would also be helpful.

Hi Jorge,

Here the sample of my app, i hope it can help.

Thankyou.

I replicated your app and it worked like a charm, image displayed with no issues.

What exactly are you seeing when you open your application on the Chrome simulator? have you checked the browser console for any errors? 

Jorge Martins wrote:

I replicated your app and it worked like a charm, image displayed with no issues.

What exactly are you seeing when you open your application on the Chrome simulator? have you checked the browser console for any errors? 

There is no image show up in mobile  apps, but when i try in outsystems now and the browser it load.

You mean you can open it on a browser running on the device? That is odd indeed...

Can you provide screenshots of all three situations please: Native App not showing image, OutSystems Now showing image, device browser showing image.

Sure, Here the screenshots of outsystems now and browser:

and here the screenshot of mobile apps:

Khofifah,

Please open a browser on your mobile device (not on your computer) and access the image URL you are using on your mobile application. Can you see the image there?

Jorge Martins wrote:

Khofifah,

Please open a browser on your mobile device (not on your computer) and access the image URL you are using on your mobile application. Can you see the image there?

Yes sir, here some screenshot.

Khofifah,

That's not really what I asked, but still, the image is showing on your mobile device's browser.

I tried creating an application similar to yours, using the same URL for the image, and run it on an Android:

• shows image on regular Chrome browser running on Android
  • shows a "broken image" icon on OutSystems Now
  • doesn't show an image (nor broken image icon) on native App 

I'm guessing this may have something to do with mobile app security model not allowing access to certain URLs... I've found a few things online that may be relevant, but don't have time now to analise further:

You may also want to consider debugging directly on your device, by using Chrome Development tools or the integrated debugger in Service Studio to see what the request for the image returns:

there is no solution for this topic? I Have same problem can't show image with external URL on native mobile application