[Touch ID Plugin] TouchID is not defined on an iPhone

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 2018-12-06 by OutSystems R&D
10 votes
Published on 2018-12-06 by OutSystems R&D

I have just installed my application on my iPhone and when it runs the CheckPlugin JS action it gives the error message back "TouchID is not Defined", i am not emulating this on my desktop.

Hi Philip,

That message means the application binaries do not include the binary implementation for the plugin. Typically you get it if you try to run the application from the mobile browser, for instance or the app was installed from an outdated installation binary that did not include the plugin.  

To be able to better troubleshoot, can you answer these two questions:

• Does your application run on the OutSystems Now iPhone app?
  • Did you regenerate your IPA installation package after adding the dependency for the Touch ID plugin? And did you use this latest version of the installation package to install on your device?

Hi Jorge,

-The application does not run on the OutSystems now platform, I have generated the mobile app and installed it directly on my Phone (which does have finger print on it)

-I have installed the latest version of touchIdPlugin and have updated the references on my mobile app.

Solution

Philip,

You didn't understand my questions, I'll further explain:

• Please install OutSystems Now on your device, open it and use the built-in QR-code scanner to scan your application's QR-code (shows when you preview on your desktop browser, also available on the right side of your Application's Native tab, in Service Studio) and it will open your app inside OutSystems Now. This should work, and your application should not show that error message, as the plugin is pre-bundled with OutSystems Now.
  • After installing the Touch ID Plugin and adding the dependencies to it on your mobile app, you have to do 1-Click publish on your app, but also you need to regenerate the mobile app and reinstall it on your phone, otherwise your application's binary that you are using on your phone will be old and not have the plugin bundled in.

Hope this clarifies

Solution

Hi Jorge,

The second step fixed my problem

Thank you

Jorge Martins wrote:

Philip,

You didn't understand my questions, I'll further explain:

• Please install OutSystems Now on your device, open it and use the built-in QR-code scanner to scan your application's QR-code (shows when you preview on your desktop browser, also available on the right side of your Application's Native tab, in Service Studio) and it will open your app inside OutSystems Now. This should work, and your application should not show that error message, as the plugin is pre-bundled with OutSystems Now.
  • After installing the Touch ID Plugin and adding the dependencies to it on your mobile app, you have to do 1-Click publish on your app, but also you need to regenerate the mobile app and reinstall it on your phone, otherwise your application's binary that you are using on your phone will be old and not have the plugin bundled in.

Hope this clarifies

Hi Jorge, 

is this above solution is applicable for android mobile also, i'm getting the same error in android mobile..

Could you pls help me on this 

Hi All,

The Touch ID Plugin is working for both android and ios. But when it comes to iPhone X , it should open the face recognition but it fails and throws the error.

FYI, I have the latest plugin version.Thanks in advance for solutions.

Regards

Arun Kumar

Hi Arun,

Please create a new topic for this, as there doesn't seem to be a direct relation with what we have been discussing here.

Thanks!