Test Automation Tool for Outsystems

Hello everyone

I am Lasha Gagnidze, software developer from Georgia.

Currently working on Outsystems platform, we are having quit a big application and having a two weeks sprints. So we need to test our application and we have tried testcomplete tool, but somehow we didn't succeed in it. While making scripts testcomplete maps object names by itself but when we run it on some cases we get errors on name mapping problem, thing is that there are for example two textboxes with the same name and system can't recognize which to choose and give some value.

Can you please share your experience about test automation tools, which is better for our platform to use. If you are using and are satisfied with results of it please share the name of that tool.

Thank you in advance for everyone.

Sincerely yours, Lasha.

Hi,

welcome to the forums.

At our current project we use Tosca for testing the front-end.

This works like a charm!

Hi,

I am finishing my masters project in outsystems. I need to do tests and present the results of my web app and mobilie.

What is the fastest method to do tests and present a report of the results with any errors that may exist? It will be the Tosca?

Best regards

Hi,

I recently watched a presentation of https://www.leapwork.com/ automated testing tool.

This tool takes a 'low-code' approach on how you design your test work flows.

It had also a nice solution to handle the id's that OutSystems generates automatically.

Unfortunately do not have first-hand experience, just watched the presentation which was looking really good.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi,

I work at the company that gave the demo, LINKIT, and we are the implementation partner of LEAPWORK for OutSystems installations.

You can try their tooling for free (for one month). Just let them know it's for an OutSystems application and they will connect you with us. If you have any questions about test automation, you can reach me via a PM.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Lasha Gagnidze wrote:

Hello everyone

I am Lasha Gagnidze, software developer from Georgia.

Currently working on Outsystems platform, we are having quit a big application and having a two weeks sprints. So we need to test our application and we have tried testcomplete tool, but somehow we didn't succeed in it. While making scripts testcomplete maps object names by itself but when we run it on some cases we get errors on name mapping problem, thing is that there are for example two textboxes with the same name and system can't recognize which to choose and give some value.

Can you please share your experience about test automation tools, which is better for our platform to use. If you are using and are satisfied with results of it please share the name of that tool.

Thank you in advance for everyone.

Sincerely yours, Lasha.

Hi Lasha,

I heard from a customer that Ghost Inspector was easy to use (has recording) and with very little effort, recorded scripts may become robust. (By the way, the Test Framework available through the Forge supports Ghost Inspector).

I heard from another customer they are having good results with Ranorex, as long as they set the names on OutSystems objects and identify objects by "initial part of name" (something like XPATH [name > "createButton"]).

Remco also shared with me the Leapwork that unfortunately I didn't find time to dig into it, but looks promising (and the help from LINKIT may be just the "accelerator" you need).

OutSystems has some proximity with Tricentis (Tosca) because both platforms address same customer segments but we have not reached a joint GTM.

OutSystems is looking into cloud solutions, mainly device farms.

These are not official recommendations; just sharing things on top of my mind (that I would like to find the time to follow but I didn't do that yet... So, hopefully you may follow one or two and share your experience).

Thanks

Antonio