[File Upload] FileUpload - Could not find file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\...

Forge Component
(17)
Published on 2018-09-05 by Carlos Alfaro
17 votes
Published on 2018-09-05 by Carlos Alfaro

Hey André Alho,

Could you please provide some detail into what you are trying to accomplish and where you are having difficulties?

Thank you!

Hi,

Solving this error:

If you have "Multiple Front-End Servers", then this might be your problem.

I am also encountering this issue. It has to do with having "Multiple Front-End Servers".

From what I understand, this File Upload component submits ajax requests "multiple times" before the file is "actually" saved/read in "temp" folder. Because of the "load-balancing" aspect of having multiple front-end servers, sometimes (or most of the time), the first request is accessing a different server than the subsequent one.

Example:

1.) Ajax request to "create" the file in temp folder of *Server_1*

2.) Ajax request to "access" the file that was saved in the temp folder only this time, because of "load-balancing", this second request is sent to the *Server_2*.

This will trigger the "Could not find file" error you are having because the file was not created in *Server_2*

So far I have not seen any forum post that addresses this issue. Please help to direct us in the right post so we can solve this.

Note: If my understanding is wrong, please correct. Thanks.

UPDATE:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/38789/problem-in-multi-server-environment/#Post143975

I think this might solve the issue, but their solution is to use "another" plugin other than this.

Cheers.