Why cant I copy Attributes of (SAP) structs?

Why cant I copy Attributes of (SAP) structs?

I'm dealing with a external sap environment, made a service in 11 to get the sap functions and want to expose them to my program using my own structs, sometimes things are not nicely named or of a wrong type. But setting up the struct it would be easy to create a new struct and then just copy all attributes of the sap struct to my own struct, but copy is forbidden somehow. Is this a bug or is it done with a reason?

regards

Wim

Hi Wim,

I'm not understanding well... You're trying to map the values from one structure to another, is that?

Best regards,

Ricardo

Yep, but setting up the thing is a bit of a hassle, I have a sap service layer (i'm using OS 11) but I want to use my own structures as output for my layer, so I create copies of the structs SAP delivers to be able to change the names and types of fields. Normally I would select all the attributes of a struct, then copy them into my struct and change if needed, but copy is not an option on the struct attributes sap exposes. SO now I have to manually type in all the attribute names, not a real big problem but annoying. After the struct is ready mapping the fields on an assign is not a problem. 

regards,

Wim  

Hi Wim,

I never used this, but maybe you can explore it and see if it can help you: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1012/sap-utilities/

Best regards,

Ricardo

Maybe its clearer in a picture :-) Here are the structs that are exposed by a sap connection, I want to copy the attribute "Artikel" but "Copy Ctrl+C" is disabled

In my own struct there is no problem : 

Just ignoring and just do a Ctrl+C (sometimes the menu's are not right) doesn't do anything.. 

Regards,

Wim