[Multiple File Upload] Multiple File Hangs on Upload

Forge Component
(44)
Published on 2 Jan by Remco Dekkinga
44 votes
Published on 2 Jan by Remco Dekkinga

Hello, I have implemented this and i still cannot get multiple files to upload at the same time, it seems to hang when it tries to upload more than 1 file. I am using outsystems 11 so this might be the issue but I am not sure. I can drag and drop 1 file at a time and it works fine. Is there a way to limit how many are uploaded at a time. can I just do 1 and have the others wait till that one is finished.

Hi Bryan,

I've uploaded a new version for Platform 11. I've done a straight forward upgrade and didn't find any issues with the upload-functionality.

Can you try the new version (and use the demo page that is included)?

If this demo page is working, the problem should be related with your implementation and not the plugin itself. If this is the issue, can you upload your application/module where you have this issue?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco,

That did the trick it seems to be working now!

Thanks so much,

Bryan

So it worked earlier but for some reason now its doing the same thing. Is there a limit on file size because it seems to hang when I get over like 0.5 Mb ,It seems like they get 25-50% and hang then they might move a little bit more in like 1 min but usually they end up timing out.

Hi Bryan,

Are you running this on an OutSystems PaaS environment or an On Premise environment?

On the PE there is s limit where your account is blocked and where you have to get in contact with support to unblock it. 

On the PaaS enterprise environment there is only the max file size limit which can be changed with some help from OutSystems support. 

On an on-premise environment there are some settings in the IIS or LINUX webserver configuration. You find more about the max upload file size limits on Google. 

Hope this helps. If your problem is different, please explain what you have done and what your configuration looks like. 

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Bryan,

I've uploaded a new version for Platform 11. I've done a straight forward upgrade and didn't find any issues with the upload-functionality.

Can you try the new version (and use the demo page that is included)?

If this demo page is working, the problem should be related with your implementation and not the plugin itself. If this is the issue, can you upload your application/module where you have this issue?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Remco ,

I am still facing problem with multiple uploads
It just gets stuck and then time out eventually.
Using outsystems version 11.

Also when I upload a file for approx 100mb it goes fine.
Just not with multiple files.

Can you guide me on the same.

Can you share an example of your module? I would like to investigate where it goes wrong.

Kind regards, Remco

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Can you share an example of your module? I would like to investigate where it goes wrong.

Kind regards, Remco

Please find the attached oml file , ( mimics actually what I am trying to do )

Hi Somil,

I've tried your solution, but it seems to be that the Save action in S3 is causing the upload to never finish.

I've removed this widget and the process worked like a charm.

Could you try it with the actual save action disabled to pinpoint the problem?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Thanks @Remco for looking into the issue

Save Action won't be finishing because i removed the s3 token id before sharing, so that might be causing the issue.

So to keep it simple , i ran the forge component Demo page and tried to upload two files of 5 mb and it hangs. May be you can try with the uploadDemo page and let me know if it works for you.

Also
>  When i try to upload on 10 mb or so, file it goes fine
> SO i suppose two 5 mb file should be able to go through.

Is anything I need to configure further in my environment also or contact Ousystems Support for the same.

Uploaded two :

Got one uploaded and the first one times out 

At my side there are no problems with this setup. You can try contacting OutSystems Support, but I don't know if they give support on issues with Forge components.

• Which browser are you using (including version number)? 
  • Can you verify that there are no problems with javascript. You can check this in the Developer Tools.
  • Can you debug through the application and see what happens after the upload of an item finishes?

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga