Hi,

We have an on-premises Outsystem installation in our Office (Portugal), that is our Development environment.

The other environments are in the Outsystems cloud.

In the Development environment, the values that we retrieve from the database are represented with a comma as decimal separator.

But in the cloud environment, the decimal separator is the dot.

We already tried to change the Frontend in Development to the United States regional setting, and restart the server. It didn't work, we still get the comma.

Does anyone know how Outsystems determine the decimal separator character?

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos Oliveira wrote:

Hi,

We have an on-premises Outsystem installation in our Office (Portugal), that is our Development environment.

The other environments are in the Outsystems cloud.

In the Development environment, the values that we retrieve from the database are represented with a comma as decimal separator.

But in the cloud environment, the decimal separator is the dot.

We already tried to change the Frontend in Development to the United States regional setting, and restart the server. It didn't work, we still get the comma.

Does anyone know how Outsystems determine the decimal separator character?

Thanks,

Carlos

Hi Carlos

I have seen some themes, such as Liverpool, create  Site Properties called DecimalSeparator and GroupSeparator. If you are using a theme containing those site properties you can try changing those, though I am not certain if/where they use these values.

If you don't see these properties, or changing them don't help, you can get around this issue by using the built-in function "FormatDecimal" or "FormatCurrency" when you display the values.

Hope this helps!

CLSJ

Hi 

The DateFormat is what you can set at the environment level from the ServiceCenter console. 

There is no environment level settings for Decimal  , Currency etc.

There is already an idea in the forum for this, for a long time. 

Believe the common practice is to set them via Site Properties and use the built in format functions.

Hi Carlos,

I recommend you do a validation to know what the environment is, and if it is QA, PRE, PROD, do a replace, to change the point to the comma.

Cumps

CLSJ & Amal Raj,

This is not an output issue (in the end it will affect...), the issue is at SQL action, that in one environment returns number with a comma, and the others environments it returns with a dot. I'm pretty sure that Outsystems choose this based in some configuration of the machine where it is running.
SQL Server documentation says that it will return comma or dot based on the client request.

Pedro Vila Nova, your solution lacks future support, and if the environment changed it will fail again. For that, I would prefer to get a value, analyze if it contains a dot or a comma, and work from there - do a kind of decimal character detection.

But what we are looking for is how to configure this environment to have the same behaviour/configuration as the others. We want to detect issues like this in Development, before pushing to QA.

Thanks for your contributions,

Carlos Oliveira