Hi,

I'm facing an issue with internet explorer 11 , when my application form is loading it displaying at the middle of the the page instead of the top content, and  i observe that , it is behaving when page loads and also when i call ajax refresh. where as in other browsers like chrome , safari, Mozilla, internet explorer EDGE it working as expected. Please help me why this type of behavior it is showing.

Thanks in advance,

EKadeep

Hi Kuruma,

What template or UI framework are you using? (Silk UI or OutSystems UI)?

Could you please upload one screenshot or replicate the issue in one sample eSpace .oml?

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Daniel Martins wrote:

Hi Kuruma,

What template or UI framework are you using? (Silk UI or OutSystems UI)?

Could you please upload one screenshot or replicate the issue in one sample eSpace .oml?

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Thanks Daniel for responding, 

I'm using Lisbon theme and due to some restrictions i cannot provide the screenshots or oml file, it is worked fine before , but after the couple of publications contain back-end changes, it started behaving in such abnormal behavior.will back-end data changes effect the front-end part?. Please help me on this issue.

Solution

Hi Kuruma,

Too many things could've gone wrong, but from my experience they'd likely mean you somehow changed your screen (maybe unintentionally) and introduced the problem (a link out of place, some CSS you added causing being handled differently, etc)...

Daniel's request is the most obvious way for us to help you: please create a new module, and replicate the problem in that module (without all the extra stuff that is sensitive). If you upload that sample module to us, we can see what's happening and hopefully help you troubleshoot and fix it.

Solution

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem but with all my applications, I already have 3 Applications developed using the OutsystemsUI Framework and the layout is aplicated correctly in any browser but the Internet Explorer. I verify that IE doesn't read variables, is there a way to solve this situation?

The one solution I'm seeing is to duplicate all the variables CSS to be readble by Internet Explorer, but I think that duplcating work is not the better way.

Best regards.

Francisco Lains

I'm facing the same issue. This basically means that the new OutSystems patterns are not compatible with Internet Explorer? I tried to search information about browser compatibility but found nothing...

Hi Maria Inês,

Browser/End user requirements can be found here.

Could you please share more information about the issues found?

Kind regards,

Daniel Martins

Hi Daniel, 

I meant the OutSystems UI Web patterns specifically - I can't find any information about browser compatibility.

However, the new templates/themes use CSS vars, and therefore they are not supported by Internet Explorer.

Hi Maria Inês,

OutSystems UI is part of the OutSystems product, so it has the same requirements of the platform, which means, for OutSystems 11 the IE11 is supported.

For the IE compatibility, OutSystems UI has a fallback mechanism that converts those CSS rules.

If you find issues, my recommendation is to open a support ticket to understand what is missing, it can be a product defect.

Best regards,

Daniel Martins

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll open a support case in order to clarify this.

Thanks.