Icomoon Implementation with multiple paths
Question

Hello everyone!

So i just finished implementing a custom  icomoon in Outsystems, i followed all the steps from this amazing tutorial : https://www.outsystems.com/blog/posts/beyond-spritely-images-using-icon-fonts-in-outsystems/

And everything works fine, except icons with multiple paths.

Anyone knows what is the deal with that?

Solution

People I found a solution for this, basically you just need to have software like adobe xd for example or other software and there you have a feature to join/merge all the paths of the icons. There is just one problem, the icon with just one or 2 top max icons you cannot give different colors to the icon.

Let me know what you think or if you came up with this before.

Best regards,

Márcio

Hello Marcio! Thats a great suggestion, I have also been using XD and I never noticed that feature. That will surely help in the future.

As for the colors, yes, you are correct, they can only have 1 or 2 colors max, for 2 colors one can use the before and after pseudo elements to display both colors in same icon.

Yes, I came up with this in my last projects, and I had always had a problem with this, in the last month the designer/UI/UX from the company where I work gave me some icons with a lot of paths, and then she could merge all the paths inside of the adobe. That is a cool solution. You can see these tools there.

And you are completely right about the before and after and is important to notice that

Hi JT.

It might be best if you contacted the author of that article.

That could be a great idea if possible. How can i get in contact with the author?

J Grou wrote:

That could be a great idea if possible. How can i get in contact with the author?

Has this issue been solved? Because I'm having the same problem and this is a subject I'm not confortable with. Thank you in advance!

Solution

People I found a solution for this, basically you just need to have software like adobe xd for example or other software and there you have a feature to join/merge all the paths of the icons. There is just one problem, the icon with just one or 2 top max icons you cannot give different colors to the icon.

Let me know what you think or if you came up with this before.

Best regards,

Márcio

Hello Marcio! Thats a great suggestion, I have also been using XD and I never noticed that feature. That will surely help in the future.

As for the colors, yes, you are correct, they can only have 1 or 2 colors max, for 2 colors one can use the before and after pseudo elements to display both colors in same icon.

Yes, I came up with this in my last projects, and I had always had a problem with this, in the last month the designer/UI/UX from the company where I work gave me some icons with a lot of paths, and then she could merge all the paths inside of the adobe. That is a cool solution. You can see these tools there.

And you are completely right about the before and after and is important to notice that

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.