[BDDFramework] FinalResult webblock not always showing correct information

Forge Component
(16)
Published on 2018-09-28 by João Proença
16 votes
Published on 2018-09-28 by João Proença

Hi,

We notice that when we open a screen in the browser that has BDD tests that end with the FinalResult webblock, that the webblock is not always showing the correct totals.

The workaround to fix this at the moment is to start BDDFramework/Entry1.aspx in the browser, as in its OnBeginWebRequest is a a call done to KeyValues_Reset. After that running our BDD tests show correct totals again. Alternatively I could make the KeyValues_Reset public and call it at begin of the BDD test.

But I rather would prefer to hear, either what we are doing wrong or if this is a bug that will be fixed.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

When you say you are including a KeyValues_Reset call in the OnBeginWebRequest, is that in the BDDFramework itself or in the eSpace where you have your tests implemented?

The FinalResult is not working properly every time? Is it random or just for a few specific cases? It would be great if you'd have a sample eSpace you can share that is reproducing this behavior.

Regards,

João

Hi João,

The BDDFramework itself has a On BeginWebRequest that calls KeyVAlues_Reset.

But this is not fired when I run a BDD screen from my own test module.

I am not sure if it always is not working, but it seems like that.

I have no time now to create a sample espace, maybe tomorrow.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Thanks Daniel.

Note one thing that may be explaining the behavior. 

I do know that if you open a screen with BDDScenarios without having the FinalResult at the end, those scenarios will also be taken into account the next time you run another screen that has the FinalResult included. It's the FinalResult that is resetting the data for the totals at the end, every time it is being used. 

Maybe this is the case and you are running some screens without the FinalResult and other screens with it? If you just make sure that all screen include the FinalResult, then you won't have this issue. Furthermore, the FinalResult must be in the screen for you to be able to use the BDDFramework REST API for running tests properly.

Solution

Hi João,

Your explanation is exactly what happens. 

I have multiple teams and developers building BDD tests, for sure someone forgets the FinalResult causing these strange side effects.

And that makes also sense that our API call did not work for a particular BDD screen, as it was lacking the FinalResult webblock.

Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,

Daniel