[Firebase Mobile] Firebase Analytics plugin is unavailable

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 31 May (4 weeks ago) by David Sousa
10 votes
Published on 31 May (4 weeks ago) by David Sousa

Hello Team,

I have implemented firebase mobile. When I am trying to log event I am getting error Firebase Analytics plugin is unavailable.

Hey Suhas,

Have you generated the mobile app after adding the plugin? Have you installed the new build?

This plugin is not supported in OutSystemsNow.

Cheers!

Hello Armando Gomes,

Yes, I generate the build and installed on mobile. And I also found firebase folder which has google-services.zip file in it.

I've found similar cases in which despite everything looks "by the book", it still doesn't work. What would fix it for me would be to create a new application (Firebase Custom Plugin), move the module (Firebase) to the new application and then rebuild the application.

This assumes that everything is initialised as required. One way to check for this is to debug on the device using a remote JS console (using Chrome or Safari).

Hello Armando Gomes,

I have created the new sample application and move the firebase custom plugin to that application. It gives same error.

When I debug using Chrome !!window.fp it gives False.

Can you please provide me sample OML.

Hey Suhas,

I'm going to start from the end: why are you requesting me a sample OML?

If you're debugging remotely on the device (using Chrome Remote Debugging) and you have the window.fp returning False, then the plugin is not getting initialised.

If you run the CheckFirebasePlugin, what is the result? Is it false?

Have you configured anything as specified in the documentation?

Cheers!

Hi Suhas,

Did you also try to generate a build and test the Firebase Mobile Sample app?

For a quick configuration just add the application to your environment and use the following app identifier when generating an Android build:

com.sample.dev.FirebaseMobileSample

This way we can check if the problem resides in the plugin or anywhere else (e.g. configuration files).

Regards,

David

David Sousa wrote:

Hi Suhas,

Did you also try to generate a build and test the Firebase Mobile Sample app?

For a quick configuration just add the application to your environment and use the following app identifier when generating an Android build:

com.sample.dev.FirebaseMobileSample

This way we can check if the problem resides in the plugin or anywhere else (e.g. configuration files).

Regards,

David

Hello David Sousa,

I did the same but no luck. Please find the attachment

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hey Suhas,

I'm going to start from the end: why are you requesting me a sample OML?

If you're debugging remotely on the device (using Chrome Remote Debugging) and you have the window.fp returning False, then the plugin is not getting initialised.

If you run the CheckFirebasePlugin, what is the result? Is it false?

Have you configured anything as specified in the documentation?

Cheers!

Yes, !!window.fp returning false. CheckFirebasePlugin it gives False.

Therefore, the plugin code is not being included into your binary file. My suggestion is to add another plugin to force the rebuilding of the mobile application and, hopefully, it will sort out. If not, follow up with OutSystems support.

Hello,

Got same error when InitCloudMessaging() in iOS (12.2)

Firebase Analytics plugin is unavailable, in which !!window.fp it gives False

The FCM push notification works perfectly in Android devices.

Any hint for the problem?

Thanks.

Armando Gomes wrote:

I've found similar cases in which despite everything looks "by the book", it still doesn't work. What would fix it for me would be to create a new application (Firebase Custom Plugin), move the module (Firebase) to the new application and then rebuild the application.

This assumes that everything is initialised as required. One way to check for this is to debug on the device using a remote JS console (using Chrome or Safari).

Hello, you need to create a new application for the plugin if in the first application you have already a module that implement a cordova plugin. 

This is the "why".

Camila

Camila Teixeira wrote:

Hello, you need to create a new application for the plugin if in the first application you have already a module that implement a cordova plugin. 

This is the "why".

Camila

Hello Camila, thanks for your answer. I assure you that was not the “why” I had those issues since, as specified, everything was being done “by the book”.

But this happened more than one year ago, so it could be something random.

Cheers!

Hello,

It has been observed that Plugin works fine on Personal Environment. But issue occurs on Enterprise Environment.

Can anyone assist in resolving the issue.