Dynamic task assignment to roles

I have a requirement to assign tasks to multiple roles depending on what i receive from user as input. 

For example, I have a set of questions to be posted through a process that will assign the questions to different roles depending on their expertise(in my case it will be decided by the subject business attribute). I know that the user field for is expression driven. Can it be done for the role as well ? 

Hi Nihar,

I think that you have some actions under the BPT_API that will allow you to accomplish that.

I would also recommend you to watch the online training for BPT it will for sure give you more context and know-how.

Solution

Hi NIHAR Hota,

I think you're looking for the ActivitySetGroup system action.
If possible, take a look to the Master Class on Modeling Business Processes course that Nuno Rolo mentioned. 

Samuel

Solution

There is not much I can do with the APIs as I see. I have logic to return a set of users who are eligible to perform the human task. But if i see the properties of the human task, it can take only one user ? Is there any way I can assign the same task to multiple users simultaneously and once someone among them completes, it vanishes from the taksbox for all those users. 

My scenario is of a workflow solution that can work organization units present in multiple countries having same kind of teams (IT,HR,Admin) in all the countries, but depending on the business attribute like country ID of the request it should go to the proper IT team or Admin team etc.

Samuel M. wrote:

Hi NIHAR Hota,

I think you're looking for the ActivitySetGroup system action.
If possible, take a look to the Master Class on Modeling Business Processes course that Nuno Rolo mentioned. 

Samuel

Thanks Samuel.

I followed the discussion https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/25435/how-to-dynamically-assign-user/ and using ActivitySetGroup I see things working.

Nihar