Views
Comments
Solved
Can OutSystem app integrate with Antivirus third party like Trend Micro, Symantec?
Question

Hi all,

As mention above, I want to integrate third-party Antivirus(Trend Micro, Symantec) into my application but don't know where to start?

Basically, I  just need to have the API from third-party to do virus scanning for our file upload.

Thank you,

Huy Nguyen,

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

First thing is find a antivirus with API's that do what you want. I think Symantec have those. Than you just need to integrate those with your Outsystems application. You have a course just for integrations and you also have some documentation.

Regards,

Marcelo

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Huy,

If those third parties provide a webservice API, Outsystems will be able to consume those webservices. Your biggest issue will be to find a provider for this. Check this topic out:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/48690/what-kind-of-tool-component-can-i-use-to-scan-virus-for-upload-file/

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

First thing is find a antivirus with API's that do what you want. I think Symantec have those. Than you just need to integrate those with your Outsystems application. You have a course just for integrations and you also have some documentation.

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo Ferreira,

I have already contacted Symantec Support.

Thank you,

Huy,

Hi Huy, did you manage to connect to an AV API, who did you use in the end and how did you find it?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Andre,

There is this VirusTotal API in the Forge you could give a try.

Regards,

Nordin

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Huy,

I am curious, what is the use case for integrating a virus scanner service in your application?

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Nordin.

Daniel, I can't speak for Huy, but mine is an app (available to external users) with a file upload capability to an OutSystems Cloud environment and scanning these files for viruses and malware. We had a discussion as to whether this would matter given the files will not be executed in the Outsystems cloud environment, they would just be hosted there, so as long as the user downloading the files and opening (executing) them has anti-virus it should be OK. Would love to hear your opinion as to whether this might be necessary and any other considerations that should be had.