[FileSystem] Access to the path is denied

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 21 Feb by João Portela
27 votes
Published on 21 Feb by João Portela

I'm trying to upload a file and save it to a folder, however, the system is showing the access denied message. The folder already has all the read and write permissions.Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Hello Raquel, 

You told the permissions are defined, but for which user? 

I think you need to set the application to run impersonating the correct user that has privileges to access that folder. 

Please take a look in the espace configuration in Service Center, under tab Operations, where you can find a Run As option. 

Cheers 

Hi Raquel,

You might need to grant read/write permissions to the user running IIS/applications.

regards,

João Portela

João Portela wrote:

Hi Raquel,

You might need to grant read/write permissions to the user running IIS/applications.

regards,

João Portela

Hi João,

Im facing the same problem as Rachel, and i will try to follow your suggestion tomorrow when i get to work.

However im a bit curious about something.  By having to give permission to the user running IIS/applications in order to have read rights on the folders does it means that the folder where the files/images will be stored have to be on the same server where the outsystems platform is running instead of being in a shared folder somehwre on the network? And doesnt this approach becomes cumbersome one things need to be promoted to QA and the later to production?

Regards.