[FileSystem] Access to the path is denied

Forge Component
(27)
Published on 21 Feb by João Portela
27 votes
Published on 21 Feb by João Portela

I'm trying to upload a file and save it to a folder, however, the system is showing the access denied message. The folder already has all the read and write permissions.Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Hello Raquel, 

You told the permissions are defined, but for which user? 

I think you need to set the application to run impersonating the correct user that has privileges to access that folder. 

Please take a look in the espace configuration in Service Center, under tab Operations, where you can find a Run As option. 

Cheers 

Hi Raquel,

You might need to grant read/write permissions to the user running IIS/applications.

regards,

João Portela

João Portela wrote:

Hi Raquel,

You might need to grant read/write permissions to the user running IIS/applications.

regards,

João Portela

Hi João,

Im facing the same problem as Rachel, and i will try to follow your suggestion tomorrow when i get to work.

However im a bit curious about something.  By having to give permission to the user running IIS/applications in order to have read rights on the folders does it means that the folder where the files/images will be stored have to be on the same server where the outsystems platform is running instead of being in a shared folder somehwre on the network? And doesnt this approach becomes cumbersome one things need to be promoted to QA and the later to production?

Regards.

I use the FileSystem component.  There are domain, username, password required.  For us, this is a domain admin account.  The folders I access are shared, but I did this for other reasons; not necessarily because the component required.

The domain and username elements are in double quotes.

The folders I access are defined as site properties on the theme.

I also have password for the domain username defined as a site property.

Created function to return the password for the component.  Is this any help?  Simple once working.  I can send more.

Defined folder site properties in IP for instead of the server name:

\\xxxx,yyyy.zzzz.aaaa\myfolder\

I know hardcoding,but I had to get it working.

Fernando,

Regarding to your IIS question above - the folders we access are NOT on the Outystems IIS platform server; they are on a different server.  

If you have an admin account which runs your Outsystems platform, I you can use this account.  

I have folders used in QA, Test, and production enviroments. When I move not really an issue because they are defined as site properties.

Larry Mills wrote:

Defined folder site properties in IP for instead of the server name:

\\xxxx,yyyy.zzzz.aaaa\myfolder\

I know hardcoding,but I had to get it working.

Has this solution worked for you? Were you able to save in the folder?

João Portela wrote:

Hi Raquel,

regards,

João Portela

I have all the read and write permissions . Apparently, it's the action, I'm not passing the correct folder info