Views
Comments
web development course. 11.6 I do not see the chart
Question

Hello, 

On 11.6 of the web development course I have to drop something on the chart.

But I do not see a chart. The only thing I see is this : 

but when i look it in a browser I see a chart, 

Also I do not see the replace message as the tutorial is describing.

How can I proceed ?

Roelof

Hi Roelof,

If you change to the Widget tree view can you see the container and chart?

Roelof Wobben

nope, on my version 11 beta version I see this : 

One thing I've noticed is that you have highlighted the piechart in the widget tree but it appears to be highlighting the content on the layout. 

Here's what I get

Content Level

Container Level

Chart Level

Not sure if you have an issue with your Service Studio IDE. Have you tried recreating the screen from the template to see if the same problem occurs?

Roelof Wobben

yep, I tried it a few seconds ago and still no luck. 

I will include my .oml file. Could you take a look if you see the chart on your ide? 

CustomersOrders.oml

Hi Roelof

Tested your .oml file and had the same issue. Then tried creating a new application from scratch and new screen from my IDE and also got the same issue.

Problem does not occur if I use an existing application to create the screen like I did when reviewing your initial question.

Have attached .oml file from old application for you to test. Let me know if this works for you.

Dashboard.oml

Hi Roelof,

Have completed further investigation and it appears this issue may be related to an update with the Charts Module. Have logged a support ticket for this issue to be reviewed. Will advise when I hear more.

Cheers,

Mark

Roelof Wobben

thanks, I will wait till I hear more 

Hi Roelof,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Appears it is definitely a bug in the latest chart update. OutSystems is currently working on it and will advise when corrected. See below for details

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/49567/charts-not-displaying-in-screen-based-on-dashboard-template-bug/#Post184113

Hi Roelof,

In the mean time, to continue your exercise you can select the Chart in the widget tree to get the properties and update the SourceDataPoint to use the specific aggregate to retrieve the data.

Note: You will need to create your agregate manually in the screen preparation before you are able to select it for the chart widget.

e.g

1. Go to Screen and its preparation

2. Change to Data tab and drag and drop in Data file you require to layout which will create new aggregate

3 Go back to Screen and configure Chart Widget

4. Once Published it should display your chart when viewing in the browser

Note: I did modify my aggregate for this example to sort and group by shipping country and a count

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Roelof,

Looks like OutSystems have updated the Charts Module.

Select Charts from the IDE Forge Update

Then update your dependencies in your project, Refresh all, then Apply

Your Charts should reappear.

Cheers,

Mark