how to validate whether the uploaded file is corrupt using file upload widget

Hi All,

How to validate whether the uploaded file is corrupt using file upload widget?

Thanks,

Karthik 

What are you trying to do? The file upload allows up to upload and then do something with the file. There is nothing in it that lets you do a checksum or something else.

Stacey

Stacey Levine wrote:

What are you trying to do? The file upload allows up to upload and then do something with the file. There is nothing in it that lets you do a checksum or something else.

Stacey

Thanks Stacey

I have a file upload functionality which is currently saving the uploaded file as binary in a entity attribute. This binary is further uploaded into a third party document management system and that system fails to upload few documents stating the document is corrupt. Is there any way to check if the document binary is valid and will not end up with corrupt document ? 

Hi Karthik,

The platform doesn't really know what document you are uploading, or what is a "valid" document... either you have some sort of way to check validity of the document (e.g. a library that has functionality to check the document is not corrupt) that you could use on the Screen Action that handles the upload, or you don't really have much of a choice I believe.

What kind of document is it?

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Karthik,

The platform doesn't really know what document you are uploading, or what is a "valid" document... either you have some sort of way to check validity of the document (e.g. a library that has functionality to check the document is not corrupt) that you could use on the Screen Action that handles the upload, or you don't really have much of a choice I believe.

What kind of document is it?

Thanks Jorge, Uploaded documents can be of file types (image, word doc & pdf). Is there any forge component available to validate files ?