Hello everyone,

I tried to use the sleep method to time out the process.

The ServiceCenter log is this:

Some people say that process will time out if you use automatic activity in the process.

Why didn't I have a timeout exception?

What method can I interrupt the processing?

How to catch exceptions that occur in process or automatic Activity?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Wouter

Can you explain a little more about what you're trying to accomplish? 

What's the end goal? Perhaps a little info on what the process is supposed to do would be helpful?

Also, if you could include a small repro as an OML, that might help in troubleshooting.

When a timer reaches its timeout settings, an error log will be registered in the Error Logs page of Service Center with an error message. When developing your eSpace, and creating the timer objects, for each one of them its possible to specify the Timeout property.

You can add an exception handler (AllExceptions, you did already), and it should be triggered in case a Timeout happens. You may also add HTTPRequestTimeout exception.

G. Andrew Duthie wrote:

Can you explain a little more about what you're trying to accomplish? 

What's the end goal? Perhaps a little info on what the process is supposed to do would be helpful?

Also, if you could include a small repro as an OML, that might help in troubleshooting.

Hi Andrew,

I want to complete the business process with Process function.

How do I make this business process time out or exception?

I tried but failed.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Wouter

We have the same. An automatic BPT process runs for 12 minutes and not timing out after 5 minutes as is described in the OutSystems Documentation. We are running on OS11. Is this because we are debugging? Or is this behavior different on a development env compared to the production env?