Library cannot extract this entry. Version required is 788.

Anyone got into this problem when try to read a zip file from archiving on mac?

GetReadFile from Zip Extension.

Hi Mateus,

This is/was a known bug in the SharpZipLib library that the Zip Extension uses. It seems fixed, but apparently OutSystems hasn't updated the Extension.

Hi Kilian,

Yeah, I saw on source of the extension.

But also has some restrictions too.

Look at this note. 

"For version 11.0.212.3. This extension allows creating and opening Zip packages for compressing files.
Note: This extension only supports compressing files with names enconded in ASCII."

I thought the problem is on it but I doubled check names of files and the problem persist.

Other thing that I saw this happen when I got a zip files inside a zip file.

ZIPFILE

|

- FILE01.XLS

- ZIPFILE.ZIP

Solution

As a workaround, you could try the BigZip Extension. It's meant to be used for large ZIP files, but you can use it for smaller ones as well.

Solution

Yeah, I think it's a good idea. Cause I will need to make a clone, update libs inside the extension and then compile everything to deploy.

Also I don't know if it's a risk, you another non native tool, breaking changes concern.

But I will decide the best approach .

thanks Kilian

As an update, OS is going to check on this problem, and whether they need an update to the ZIP library used.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

As an update, OS is going to check on this problem, and whether they need an update to the ZIP library used.

Thanks Kilian. Will be in touch.