Hi,

I have an entity with 3 editable columns and when I'm using the EditableTable component on a popup, instead of seeting all 3 columns in a row, it is showing me only the first column (when I click to edit this column it then shows all 3 columns but in 3 different lines).

Is this the common behavior for EditableTable component when it's placed on a Popup? Is there a way to show all 3 columns in 1 line, just like EditableTable does when it's on a regular web screen?

I tried changing cells width and fields width, but nothing seems to work...

Tks for the help!

Hi Vincius, Is there any CSS overriding the classes? You can check this in the browser.

Solution

Hi Vinicius,

the reason is that the editable table adapts it's display to the width of the popup.  If you add an editable table to a screen and than reduce the width of the screen, you will see the same, at some width it jumps from a tabular display to  a display with a list of records that are each expandable to show the details of that 'row' of your table.

In this post , they discuss 2 ways of influencing the width of the popup.

I tried them out, see attached oml, I find that just adding an (empty) container to the target screen with a fixed width in pixels, works best, because if there is enough room, it will show the popup with a width you want, but if there is not enough room, it will adapt the popup to the width of the browser.

When you try it by setting the width option of the popup widget, it cuts off the content of your popup if the browser window is too small.

hope this helps,

Dorine

Solution

Dorine Boudry wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

the reason is that the editable table adapts it's display to the width of the popup.  If you add an editable table to a screen and than reduce the width of the screen, you will see the same, at some width it jumps from a tabular display to  a display with a list of records that are each expandable to show the details of that 'row' of your table.

In this post , they discuss 2 ways of influencing the width of the popup.

I tried them out, see attached oml, I find that just adding an (empty) container to the target screen with a fixed width in pixels, works best, because if there is enough room, it will show the popup with a width you want, but if there is not enough room, it will adapt the popup to the width of the browser.

When you try it by setting the width option of the popup widget, it cuts off the content of your popup if the browser window is too small.

hope this helps,

Dorine

Tks Dorine!!! Putting another container big enough resolved the issue!!! Tks for your time!