[OutSystems UI Web] Please fix the text color of colored link buttons

Forge Component
(37)
Published on 13 Aug (7 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
37 votes
Published on 13 Aug (7 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

Hi!

Please fix this nuisance.

Every new project I create on O11 I have to fix the CSS for link buttons with the Is_Default class, because the text seems to "disappear" when hovered.

(The button on the bottom is being hovered)

This happens due to some unfortunate precedence in the stylesheet that colors links with the primary color of the theme, which is the same used for the background color of buttons marked as default.

Hi Caio,

a workaround would be to create your own improved base theme, and add it as a dependency in all your projects.  I know this is same amount of work initially as going in and changing the css in all projects, but more maintainable, especially if you would find other stuff in the base theme later on that you are not happy with.

Just out of curiosity, I tried to recreate this problem and it only happens when I use a link and style it as a button, not when I use a button widget.  Is there a reason why you don't just use a button widget with method : navigate ?  Does a link have behaviour or properties that a button lacks ?

Dorine

Hi Dorine,

a workaround would be to create your own improved base theme, and add it as a dependency in all your projects.  I know this is same amount of work initially as going in and changing the css in all projects, but more maintainable, especially if you would find other stuff in the base theme later on that you are not happy with.

This is the exact thing I don't want to do since this is a bug from the base UI Framework theme and all that work would be put to waste once they fix it.

Just out of curiosity, I tried to recreate this problem and it only happens when I use a link and style it as a button, not when I use a button widget.  Is there a reason why you don't just use a button widget with method : navigate ?  Does a link have behaviour or properties that a button lacks ?

Link buttons can be better customized than regular buttons since you can put anything inside them (e.g. icons).