Upload document to a URL from which it can be downloaded

Hello, I'm building a web app in which I need to upload a dynamically created Excel sheet based on the current screen's data which needs to be read on the following screen, specifically in a URL path format (www.example.com/excel.xlsx), which means I need to be able to download the document straight upon accessing the URL.

Is there any way to upload a document to the server and have a direct download URL? I tried using the Google Drive component on the Forge but it requires user authentication which I don't want.

Hi Kazymir

Have you created an uploaded entity?
if not, create an upload entity so that you can upload according to the file name, file type then you have to link the link so that it can get the link redirected
Cheers

norton 1122 wrote:

Hi Kazymir

Have you created an uploaded entity?
if not, create an upload entity so that you can upload according to the file name, file type then you have to link the link so that it can get the link redirected
Cheers

I don't quite understand what you mean about the linking, can you elaborate? Also I want to store the file itself, not just convert the data from excel to record list.

Hi Kazymir,

As with all data you want to store, you need to use the database. Whether the user uploads a file, or you create the file yourself, if you want it available on a later time (even if "later" is just a few seconds), you need to store the binary in the database.

Once it's in the database, you can create a download page that has a parameter with some GUID that's associated with the file, and retrieve the file in the Preperation, and end the Preperation with a Download.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Kazymir,

As with all data you want to store, you need to use the database. Whether the user uploads a file, or you create the file yourself, if you want it available on a later time (even if "later" is just a few seconds), you need to store the binary in the database.

Once it's in the database, you can create a download page that has a parameter with some GUID that's associated with the file, and retrieve the file in the Preperation, and end the Preperation with a Download.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for the answer, however I'm afraid I still seem to be stuck because of this issue. Let me explain what I'm trying to do in a bit more detail:

I am using an external web tool to display my data in a certain way. The issue is that I'm implementing this tool through HTML scripts on the page, and it can only use this URL format (www.example.com/excel.xlsx) as input for the data . The file name must also be hardcoded in my HTML scripts as it will always be fetching the same file, just that the file would contain different data. 

I've stored my data in the database but I'm struggling to understand the next step and what you mean by using a GUID or how I would retrieve the direct download URL from it. Could you explain further?

Thank you.