Improve your Forge documentation and win prizes

Component owners on Forge, we have a challenge for you! All you have to do is improve/create documentation for your component (and add it to the new tab) and you’ll get entered into a weekly drawing to win some fun prizes. 

Everyone that completes the documentation step for their component(s) will be entered into a prize raffle on a weekly basis:

• 2 Neo Plushies

• 1 Free Certification Exam

Raffle Details: 

• Contest runs from August 12th through September 30th.

• Make sure the tab documentation is filled in with information on how to use your component, following these guidelines

• Through August, 12th we will raffle off these prizes and announce the winners on a weekly basis (on Monday for the previous week). 

• By adding documentation to each one of your components, you increase the chances of winning a prize.
    (Example: If you have 4 components and you add documentation to all of them in the same week, you have 4 chances of winning that week. Or, if you update each of them during different weeks, you’ll have one chance of winning each week you add documentation.

Terms and conditions are attached. 

If you have any questions let us know. 

Community team

Appreciate the idea Vera. This will definitely help tons of users.

So for existing documentation, you would only need to update the content to be entered into the draw?

Will the actual content relevance and quality of the documentation be considered as well before an entry is granted?

Does this only apply to owners of the components or any contributing member?

What if multiple members contribute to the documentation, would each submission/update count?

Hi Hanno,

very good questions indeed. Here are the answers: 

1) You can update the content but we will consider the "value" that was added.

2) We check for the quality of the content.

3) This applies to the person who wrote the documentation - he can be the owner or team member.

4) we are counting on the last person who updated the documentation.  But we take into consideration the amount of value thas person brought to improve the content.

Hanno wrote:

Does this only apply to owners of the components or any contributing member?

What if multiple members contribute to the documentation, would each submission/update count?

Nice edge case Hanno. This might have been thought by OS team. I can see both the advantage and disadvantage here.

Very cool this initiative. There are really components that are good but lack documentation and we ended up not using the components in the best way.

Vera Tiago wrote:

Hi Hanno,

very good questions indeed. Here are the answers: 

1) You can update the content but we will consider the "value" that was added.

2) We check for the quality of the content.

3) This applies to the person who wrote the documentation - he can be the owner or team member.

4) we are counting on the last person who updated the documentation.  But we take into consideration the amount of value thas person brought to improve the content.

Thank you, Vera.

Terms & Conditions has blocked access.  B-)

Appreciate :)

Nice proposal Vera.

Vera Tiago wrote:

Raffle Details: 

• Through August, 12th we will raffle off these prizes and announce the winners on a weekly basis (on Monday for the previous week). 

Curious to see who won last week! Shouldn't there have been a post yesterday?

Week 1 winners!

We had 14 Forge Components get added by four people. We had two people who were eligible to win. Please help me congratulate our winners for last week:

Assif - Won a Neo Plushie

Viraj - Won a Free Certification

Congratulations!

Jennifer Lopez wrote:

Week 1 winners!

We had 14 Forge Components get added by four people. We had two people who were eligible to win. Please help me congratulate our winners for last week:

Congratulations!

Congrats Assif & Viraj !!!

Congratulations! Well done! And thank you for contributing to the community with quality content.

Congratulations Assif & Viraj !

Jennifer Lopez wrote:

Week 1 winners!

Congratulations!

Do we have any winners for week 2?

Though, It's good intiatiative, but I would like to see the Forge documentation updated for OutSystems Lab managed components as well.

What a nice initiative to increase the usability of forge Components!

Week 1 Update

There was a bit of a mix-up in the data for the first week, and there were actually 15 Forge components that got new/updated documentation.

I wanted to give a shout out to Hanno who had also added documentation that week (and won a Neo Plushie), and to Assif who actually updated documentation on 12 components himself (and won a free certification)! 

Week 2 winners!

We had a total of 9 Forge components updated by 5 people. Help me give a round of applause for the contest winners for last week:

Mukul - Won a Neo Plushie

Amal - Won a Neo Plushie

Toto - Won a Free Certification

Additionally, please help me thank Hanno and Pedro S. for updating documentation as well!

Congratulations and thank you to all.

Congratulations Mukul, Amal and Toto!

Indeed Thank you Team OutSystems :)

And Congratulations to Hanno, Mukul, Amal & Toto !!

Cheers,

Assif

Jennifer Lopez wrote:

Week 1 Update

There was a bit of a mix-up in the data for the first week, and there were actually 15 Forge components that got new/updated documentation.

I wanted to give a shout out to Hanno who had also added documentation that week (and won a Neo Plushie), and to Assif who actually updated documentation on 12 components himself (and won a free certification)! 

Week 2 winners!

We had a total of 9 Forge components updated by 5 people. Help me give a round of applause for the contest winners for last week:

Mukul - Won a Neo Plushie

Amal - Won a Neo Plushie

Toto - Won a Free Certification

Additionally, please help me thank Hanno and Pedro S. for updating documentation as well!

Hi,

Thanks All :D

Thank you Jen and Assif!

Well done on your effort to update all those components, Assif.

And congratulations to Mukul, Amal, and Toto!

Thank you all for the wishes!!

Thanks everyone for the wishes !!!

Week 3 winners!

Last week, we had a total of 4 Forge components updated by 4 people. Kudos for the contest winners for last week:

John Williams - Won a Neo Plushie

Renato Nascimento - Won a Neo Plushie

Paulo Cação - Won a Free Certification

Additionally, please help me thank Stuart Harris for updating documentation as well 

Note: we have 4 weeks until the end of this contest, so let's keep this rolling!

Aha, Rolling on.

Congratulation John, Renato, Paulo.

Kudos to :

John Williams, Renato Nascimento, Paulo Cação

Keep going :)

Vera Tiago wrote:

Week 3 winners!

Last week, we had a total of 4 Forge components updated by 4 people. Kudos for the contest winners for last week:

Additionally, please help me thank Stuart Harris for updating documentation as well 

Note: we have 4 weeks until the end of this contest, so let's keep this rolling!

Thank you!!!! I'm very happy!!! When my Neo arives, I'll post a picture here...

Thanks!!! It is awesome!

Congratulations John, Renato and Paulo !

Well done everyone! 

Here's to hoping more teams will update their documentation and that we can keep the momentum going with maintaining it as well.

Awesome what a great initiative!

Week 4 winners!

Guess what? We have 3 new winners :)

Last week, we had a total of 5 Forge components updated by 5 people. Kudos for the contest winners for last week:

Daniël Kuhlmann - Won a Neo Plushie

Matthias Preuter - Won a Neo Plushie

Stuart Harris - Won a Free Certification

Additionally, please help me thank Assif Shaikh and Renato Nascimento for keep updating documentation as well 

Note: 3 more weeks to go until the end of this contest, so let's keep this rolling!

YES!

OutSystems Community Mascot, Neo

Got 2 now

OutSystems Community Mascot, Neo

Vera Tiago wrote:

Week 4 winners!

Guess what? We have 3 new winners :)

Last week, we had a total of 5 Forge components updated by 5 people. Kudos for the contest winners for last week:

Daniël Kuhlmann - Won a Neo Plushie

Matthias Preuter - Won a Neo Plushie

Stuart Harris - Won a Free Certification

Additionally, please help me thank Assif Shaikh and Renato Nascimento for keep updating documentation as well 

Note: 3 more weeks to go until the end of this contest, so let's keep this rolling!

Congrats to all and thank you for the contributions!

Congratulations Daniël Kuhlmann, Matthias Preuter & Stuart Harris 

& Thank you Vera Tiago for the appreciation :)

Thanks Vera and the community team!

Congratulations Daniël, Matthias, Stuart!!

Week 5 winners!

We are pleased to announce that we have 3 winners from last week ...but they are new here ;)

Last week, we had a total of 11 Forge components updated by 5 people. Kudos for the contest winners for last week:

Matthias Preuter - Won a Free Certification

Paulo Cação - Won a Neo Plushie

Stuart Harris - Won a Neo Plushie

Additionally, please help me thank Assif Shaikh and Huarlem Lima for keep updating documentation as well.

Note: Because Matthias is an OutSytems MVP he has already free certification as a benefit for being part of the program. So @Matthias - you will receive some cool community swag instead.

And next week instead of one free certification, we are going to have two free certifications to raffle. So, go go go!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor muttley medals

Well done Gentleman!

Congratulations Matthias, Paulo, Stuart !!

Thanks, arrived today!

Paulo Cação wrote:

Thanks, arrived today!

Got my 2 days ago, thx

Also received it, last saturday..

Week 6 winners!

We are pleased to announce that we have 4 winners from last week!

Last week, we had a total of 8 Forge components updated by 5 people. 

Help me give a round of applause for the contest winners for last week:

Elena Novozhilova - Won a Free Certification

Daniël Kuhlmann - Won a Free Certification

Paulo Cação - Won a Neo Plushie

Stuart Harris - Won a Neo Plushie

Additionally, please help me thank Matthias Preuter for keep updating documentation as well.

Congratulation to all winners

YES!!!! Thank you. Free Expert Exam.

You did it! Congratulations.

As promissed:Renato Nascimento wrote:

Vera Tiago wrote:

Week 3 winners!

Thank you!!!! I'm very happy!!! When my Neo arives, I'll post a picture here...

Congratulations Elena Novozhilova, Daniël Kuhlmann, Paulo Cação, Stuart Harris !!

Congratulations to all
Keep going...

Final Week Winners
The Forge Documentation challenge has come to an end, and during the final week, we got 6 components updated with documentation by 5 community members. So, I am pleased to announce the final week winners are:

Sanjay Sahu - Certification
Afonso Carvalho - Neo Plushie
Remco Dekkinga - Neo Plushie

Additionally, please help me thank Matthias Preuter and Technical Knowledge team for keep updating documentation as well.

Challenge in numbers

•  the challenge ran for 7 weeks
  • 60 components updated with documentation
  • 10 Neo Plushies + 2 Community T-shirts traveled across the world
  • 7 free certification exams were given

Thanks to everyone for participating and for improving these forge components!

Community Team

Congratulations Sanjay, Afonso, Remco!

Thanks, Team Outsystems for the epic competition.

kudos to all participants & winners !!!

Got my Neo today !!! 

Thank you Community Team !!!

Congratulations Amal Raj

assif_tiger wrote:

Congratulations Amal Raj

Thanks Assif 

Ah shame this has ended, I was totally unaware of this until I stumbled on it just now. I wonder if there is a more effective way to notify people of things like this as I suspect it's likely many others with forge components failed to spot it too and this is a great idea, more documentation would be a big help.