[Advanced Excel] Generating a password protected workbook

Forge Component
(55)
Published on 27 Aug by Hanno
55 votes
Published on 27 Aug by Hanno

I am aware that this plugin can let me create a workbook and select worksheets to be protected, but is there a way to password protect the entire sheet?

It was my problem before, you may use BigZip extension to password protect your file if you really need it. 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/356/bigzip

Yelun, with the latest version you should be able to protect the entire sheet with a password.

Edwin Siruma wrote:

It was my problem before, you may use BigZip extension to password protect your file if you really need it. 

This is an option, but I have done work on the protection aspect and the password protection at a worksheet level should work now.

Hanno wrote:

Edwin Siruma wrote:

This is an option, but I have done work on the protection aspect and the password protection at a worksheet level should work now.

I agree.

Worksheet protection is available on ExcelPackage extension. I thought you need a workbook level of data protection.

Look for ExcelPackage extension.

Ah my mistake, I meant that I needed the ability to protect the entire excel workbook, instead of just one worksheet

Okay, I will add support for it in Advanced Excel.

Yelun, please try the attached and let me know if it solves your problem?

Great! 

Possible to update your Excel Package extension, with multiple worksheet option when creating a workbook?

Thank you!

-Edwin

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Great! 

Possible to update your Excel Package extension, with multiple worksheet option when creating a workbook?

Thank you!

-Edwin

You want to create a new workbook with multiple sheets, by specifying sheet names or the number of sheets?

I wanted to have this:

Last time I downloaded the Advanced Excel extension it does not have input parameter for NumberOfSheets.

Correct me if the ExcelPackage included in the extension already has this parameter.

Thank you.

-Edwin

Edwin, check out the new version

Hanno wrote:

Hi Hanno, just want to ask if this is OutSystems 10 compatible?

Hanno wrote:

Edwin, check out the new version

Great! Thanks!

Yelun Yang wrote:

Hanno wrote:

I do not have access to a P10 environment, but will try and get a P10 version built today.

Hanno wrote:

Yelun Yang wrote:

Hanno wrote:

I do not have access to a P10 environment, but will try and get a P10 version built today.

Hi Hanno,

How is the P10 version coming along?

Hi Yelun

I haven't yet been able to find a P10 platform I can use for this. Hoping to receive some help from a contact or two shortly...

Regards

Hanno

Processing Upload...

Hi everyone,

See attached a P10 version of the latest P11 version (2.1.23). I tried uploading it as a new version, but the Forge refuses it:

I'll try to get that sorted out, but in the meantime you can install the attached package.

(That is, I hope you can, since I'm not entirely sure the IP is scrubbed when uploading like this. Also, I didn't test it, so if anything's wrong just let me know.)

Thank you, Killian, for helping out here!

Solution

Retrying, the upload seem stuck...

Solution