[Advanced Excel] Generating a password protected workbook
Question
excel-png
Web icon
Forge component by Carlos Freitas

I am aware that this plugin can let me create a workbook and select worksheets to be protected, but is there a way to password protect the entire sheet?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Retrying, the upload seem stuck...

AdvancedExcel.oap

It was my problem before, you may use BigZip extension to password protect your file if you really need it. 

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/356/bigzip

mvp_badge
MVP

Edwin Siruma wrote:

It was my problem before, you may use BigZip extension to password protect your file if you really need it. 

This is an option, but I have done work on the protection aspect and the password protection at a worksheet level should work now.

Hanno wrote:

Edwin Siruma wrote:

This is an option, but I have done work on the protection aspect and the password protection at a worksheet level should work now.

I agree.

Worksheet protection is available on ExcelPackage extension. I thought you need a workbook level of data protection.

Look for ExcelPackage extension.

mvp_badge
MVP

Yelun, with the latest version you should be able to protect the entire sheet with a password.

Ah my mistake, I meant that I needed the ability to protect the entire excel workbook, instead of just one worksheet

mvp_badge
MVP

Okay, I will add support for it in Advanced Excel.

mvp_badge
MVP

Yelun, please try the attached and let me know if it solves your problem?

AdvancedExcel.oap

Hanno wrote:

Hi Hanno, just want to ask if this is OutSystems 10 compatible?

mvp_badge
MVP

Yelun Yang wrote:

Hanno wrote:

I do not have access to a P10 environment, but will try and get a P10 version built today.

Hanno wrote:

Yelun Yang wrote:

Hanno wrote:

I do not have access to a P10 environment, but will try and get a P10 version built today.

Hi Hanno,

How is the P10 version coming along?

Great! 

Possible to update your Excel Package extension, with multiple worksheet option when creating a workbook?

Thank you!

-Edwin

mvp_badge
MVP

Edwin Siruma wrote:

Great! 

Possible to update your Excel Package extension, with multiple worksheet option when creating a workbook?

Thank you!

-Edwin

You want to create a new workbook with multiple sheets, by specifying sheet names or the number of sheets?

I wanted to have this:

Last time I downloaded the Advanced Excel extension it does not have input parameter for NumberOfSheets.

Correct me if the ExcelPackage included in the extension already has this parameter.

Thank you.

-Edwin

mvp_badge
MVP

Edwin, check out the new version

Hanno wrote:

Edwin, check out the new version

Great! Thanks!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Yelun

I haven't yet been able to find a P10 platform I can use for this. Hoping to receive some help from a contact or two shortly...

Regards

Hanno

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi everyone,

See attached a P10 version of the latest P11 version (2.1.23). I tried uploading it as a new version, but the Forge refuses it:

I'll try to get that sorted out, but in the meantime you can install the attached package.

AdvancedExcel.oap

mvp_badge
MVP

(That is, I hope you can, since I'm not entirely sure the IP is scrubbed when uploading like this. Also, I didn't test it, so if anything's wrong just let me know.)

mvp_badge
MVP

Thank you, Killian, for helping out here!

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Retrying, the upload seem stuck...

AdvancedExcel.oap

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.